Senior Manager, International Tax Services
Reference ID: 12608BR
Achieve your full potential in an environment where there's flexibility to cultivate your personal brand and knowledge base.
Tax at PwC is a relationship business, and we are committed to giving our people the career opportunities and experiences they need to thrive. Right from the start, you'll have access to and work with PwC partners and senior managers who are among the profession's most highly regarded and recognized authorities. These leaders act as mentors through your daily interactions and on-the-job experiences.
Senior Manager, International Tax:
The Calgary office of PricewaterhouseCoopers is adding a Senior Manager in its International Tax Services (ITS) Group. The PwC Calgary International tax practice offers a challenging mix of inbound and outbound work on a wide variety of clients.
· Develop your understanding of Canadian and foreign jurisdiction tax systems in order to bring optimal tax and business solutions to clients
· Teaming with other tax group members in corporate tax, transfer pricing, U.S. tax and mergers & acquisitions
· Building long term relationships with clients and other firm practice areas including Audit and
Consulting & Deals
· Canadian international tax compliance including review of surplus calculations and T1134 foreign reporting forms;
· Structuring foreign companies' investment into Canada;
· Structuring Canadian companies' investment into foreign jurisdictions, including the use of holding company structures, joint venture arrangements, acquisition strategies etc.;
· Financing outbound investments using tax effective structures and strategies;
· Reorganization of a Canadian company's international operations including tax implications of foreign divisive reorganizations, mergers, liquidations;
· Planning for the disposition of foreign affiliates;
· International tax research on topics such as treaty issues, foreign tax regimes;
· Assistance with professional development activities such as writing articles, presentations and proposals.
· Canadian professional accounting designation, legal backgroundor a masters in taxation
· At least, 7 years' experience in Corporate Taxation
· Relevant experience in the International Tax area and completion of the CPA Canada International Tax course are preferred but not prerequisites.
· Critical and innovative problem solving ability
· Strong communication skills
· Strong team player being able to adapt to different people and situations
· Demonstration of having built or building a network of business contracts
· Ability to manage large complex assignments including engagement economics and billing
Why Work for PwC
As a PwC employee, you can:
· Be part of a dynamic, inclusive workplace environment, where you are valued for the unique contribution you bring
· Diversify your client experience by working directly with leading-edge public and private clients of all sizes and in a variety of industries
· Participate in our community, environmental and sustainability activities
· Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits, including our fitness allowance and wellness programs, which help you find a better flexibility with work and other parts of your life
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Your application today is tomorrow's opportunity.
PwC: the Opportunity of a Lifetime
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019