Senior Manager, Mergers & Acquisitions
Reference ID: 9289BR
The best opportunities to let your knowledge, talent and skills flourish.
Our Tax Services practice:
In our Tax Services practice, we work with clients to manage their tax opportunities. Our Canadian and global practices are linked, which means clients look to us for expert advice and guidance. We're the first choice when it comes to strategies on reducing taxes, innovative tax planning, and the effective management of reporting burdens.
The Opportunity: Tax Senior Manager, Mergers & Acquisitions
PwC Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) team members work closely with clients and other PwC professionals to offer advice on transactions related to acquisitions, mergers, disposals and restructuring, including transaction structuring, due diligence services, and post-acquisition reorganization and integration. Our M&A professionals include accountants, lawyers and tax specialists with unmatched expertise in the mergers and acquisitions arena.
· You will contribute to transactions from the proposal stage through to closing, working closely with a large team including PwC professionals, other advisors such as lawyers and investment bankers, and our clients' senior management team
· You will experience the reward of adding real value to transactions - whether by raising material tax issues during the tax due diligence stage, or by proposing efficient tax structures to help secure financing during the closing stage
· Our extraordinary client diversity will allow you to work on a variety of assignments across different industries and geographies
· You will utilize your knowledge and skills to network, cultivate new relationships in the business community, and be involved in presentations and proposals
· You will continue to build valuable professional experience, and to expand your knowledge in tax and mergers and acquisitions through courses and on the job training
· A technical tax background as a result of at least 8 years of experience advising Canadian companies on their domestic tax strategy and tax compliance requirements
· Completion of the In-depth Levels I, II and III, as well as the Corporate Reorganizations course (or equivalent) is an asset
· Experience in corporate tax research, consulting and compliance in a professional services firm, industry, government agency or law firm
· The ability to think creatively, solve complex problems, determine innovative solutions and communicate with impact
· The ability to effectively communicate with clients and team
· A commitment to providing excellent client service and pride in delivering top quality work
· Experience in identifying consulting opportunities to new and existing clients
Why Work for PwC
Whether you're an accomplished professional or a promising new talent, you'll have opportunities to continuously learn, grow and advance in your career within our network. Our diverse client mix gives you an opportunity to make a difference by working with clients across Canada and clients with a global reach.
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
PwC: the Opportunity of a Lifetime
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019