Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description Monitor Deloitte: A Preeminent Practice Within a Leading Professional Services Firm
In January 2013, Monitor Group and Deloitte Consulting's Corporate Strategy joined forces in Canada and globally to create a new, preeminent strategy and business transformation consultancy driven by a shared aspiration to make a lasting, positive impact on clients in Canada and around the world.
Client engagements are predominantly in industries and organizations facing important-and often profound-transitions. Engagements are typically driven by CEOs, business unit heads and other members of the senior management team. Client engagements may be as short as a few months, but can also evolve into multi-year, wide-ranging and transformative relationships. We not only bring our clients the insight and unconventional thinking that help them form strategies to anticipate risk and respond to change, but also use our experience and knowledge to help them bring those strategies to life.
Monitor Deloitte's team brings deep expertise across a diversity of industries and content areas to help clients address top management issues involving corporate / business unit strategy, customer strategy, innovation, and business transformation in the form of process redesign, cost optimization programs, and implementation of strategic initiatives. Across all of these areas, we help organizations with change management and build leadership competencies within our clients. Within Calgary, our team places specific emphasis on advising energy & resources clients, and works closely with senior client executives to help them transform their organizations in the face of ongoing regulatory, market, and competitive shifts.Calgary Practice - Senior Manager Position:
At Monitor Deloitte, Senior Managers are leaders within the practice - principally responsible for business development and overall project delivery leadership. Senior Managers are also expected to possess deep industry knowledge and skill expertise such that they are viewed both internally and externally as "subject matter experts." Additionally, Senior Managers also play an internal role in firm management, supporting practice-building initiatives and actively contributing to the practice's distinct culture as organizational role models.Specifically, our Senior Managers:
- Take a lead role in delivering and managing consulting services to high growth organizations while leading diverse teams of Consultants, spanning different tenures, work and professional backgrounds.
- Create long term relationships at a senior client level (i.e., C-suite, EVP, SVP level).
- Execute a client service plan on complex engagements, working closely with Partners.
- Manage the entirety of project lifecycles.
- Identify and lead business development opportunities.
- Achieve expertise in a specialization and a strong reputation as a business advisor.
- Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential.
- Create a learning environment through leadership, participating in the development and delivery of industry training programs.
- Set the intellectual agenda for all client engagements for which they are responsible.
- Apply a strong knowledge of multiple industry trends and business practices.
- Actively participate in professional association, industry, firm and community events.
- Assume internal leadership roles focused on practice development (e.g., recruiting, thought leadership/IP development).
External Posting Qualifications
We are looking for high-performing and dynamic candidates who possess a successful track record as well as the following requirements:
- Completed undergraduate degree with MBA or comparable graduate degree preferred.
- Post graduate degree and/or a professional designation is an asset.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Experienced in business development and building a practice.
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership.
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities.
- Professional service experience is experience leading teams through complex engagements is a must.
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English, with facility in French being desired, but not mandatory.
- Ability to anticipate the long term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving.
- Canadian travel required; occasional international travel also possible. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments.
- The ability to enter Chile and work on client assignments is an asset.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply