Title: Senior Manager, Payments & Cash Mgmt, Commercial Banking - Calgary
Requisition ID: 80603
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Senior Manager role focuses sales efforts into the mid-market and large commercial marketplace. The products offered to this marketplace are the full range of Cash & Treasury Management and Electronic Banking products and services. The sales force is also required to make referrals to other parts of the Scotiabank Group. The incumbent is responsible for business development in the more complex Commercial accounts in the respective area.
• You will be responsible for marketing all Cash & Treasury Management services ("CTMS") directly and to call upon specialists (as required) to help secure the closing of sales for more complex services.
• You will develop new business consistent with short and long range objectives/targets and refer business to other Scotiabank partners. Sales and referral targets are established on a regular basis.
• You are also responsible for assisting designated Commercial Banking partners in maximizing the fee income and profitability from the full range of CTMS product line.
• You will provide customer service excellence consistent with Scotiabank standards and you are the primary contact for existing/new commercial clients/prospects, either alone or with support of a more senior officer, depending on the complexity of the account/customer needs.
The Senior Manager constantly faces deadlines/pressures exerted by client demands to receive decisions from the Bank within the timeframe they desire. Evening and weekend work may be required and late sessions may have to be scheduled without notice. The position requires regular travel for customer/internal partner calls, meetings, client negotiations etc.
• A strong record of achievement in successfully meeting business development objectives, including cross-selling and referrals.
• Demonstrated record of proven sales and business experience/acumen in executing an active market/calling plan with minimal direction.
• Superior customer service skills (both internal and external customers).
• Provide direct cash management sales coverage over an assigned portfolio of existing Commercial clients
• Proactively identifying cash management and investment opportunities, presenting solutions and closing the sale
• Strong working knowledge of cash management, treasury and investments
• Demonstrated multitasking abilities in a team based environment.
• Excellent presentation, writing, and negotiation skills. Ability to present to top-level executives in groups, and in one-on-one situations.
• Experience with Salesforce.com
• Progress towards / Completion of appropriate courses (CTMS, CTP, etc)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), prior experience preparing marketing materials and an ability to work independently to accomplish tasks are essential.
• Ability to travel in support of the calling plan (car required).
• Experience with Banking, or Financial Industry is a definite asset.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Business Development, Manager, Finance, Technology, Sales, Management
Banking, Finance and Insurance