EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, advisory, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
EY's Finance Performance Improvement group helps clients with business and internal finance performance through a focus on providing business advisory services that achieve measurable benefits in operational effectiveness and strategic decision making.
As a Finance Performance Improvement Senior Manager, you'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. With guidance from partners, you'll identify potential business opportunities for EY. You will develop long-term client relationships and networks, as well as develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to service client needs.
By drawing on your knowledge and experience, you'll provide innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs and contribute to thought leadership. You'll actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives.
In line with our commitment to quality, you'll consistently drive projects to completion and determine that work is of a high quality. Your role in leading teams or parts of teams on engagements will depend on the size of engagement and will be under responsibility of higher levels. They will look to you to anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues as appropriate.
As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop. Client responsibilities
• Participate in Finance Performance Improvement engagements, which involve looking at companies' internal finance and accounting processes and advising on solutions around creating efficient process or improving existing processes People Management responsibilities
• Assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
• Participate in business development initiatives
• Build strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services
• Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff Technical skills requirements
• Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
• Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Finance& Performance Management professionals
• Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
• Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
You'll have knowledge and experience of a number of the following areas:
• Finance transformation EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply
• Process transformation and improvement
• Planning, budgeting and forecasting
• Performance measurement and performance management
• Business performance reporting
• Cost reduction
• Shared service centre and business process outsourcing
• Financial statement close
• track record with a blue chip consulting firm in the field
• experience in delivering projects that cover the full life cycle of assessment, design and implementation support
• professional designation and/or qualification i.e. MBA, CA, P.Eng
• strong academic record including a bachelor's degree and approximately a minimum of 7-10 years' experience in industry or with a recognized consulting firm
• experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members
• strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• excellent oral and written communication skills
• a high level of motivation and a self-starting attitude
• an ability to think outside of the box, and thrive on new challenges
• a willingness to travel on short notice to meet client needs; travel is estimated at 50%