Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Have many careers in one Firm.
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada. What will your typical day look like?
Every day the successful candidate will make a positive impact on the Indigenous communities we serve as a team. You will lead in the delivery of Nation building services from strategic planning, capacity assessments, organizational reviews, community comprehensive planning, communications, business development, economic impact assessments, feasibility studies for business development, to informal restructuring and governance. The senior manager will work across service areas to develop teams of expertise to deliver value to our clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for researching industry trends and performing analysis and interact with Indigenous organizations and businesses to develop options for growing their wealth for the future generations.
As a Senior Manager you will:
• Excel in building working relationships with Indigenous leadership and client executives.
• Work in a collaborative team analyzing client issues and interviewing key personnel.
• Supervise staff in a corporate restructuring environment.
• Identify issues, define symptoms and recommend solutions.
• Analyze financial data, review accounting records and policies, and develop effective organizational structures for Indigenous organizations.
• Assist in all aspects of capacity development and supporting executives with current gaps in capacity.
• Participate and manage client meetings and presentations.
• Prioritize your objectives and contribute to project planning and status reporting. About the team
Deloitte has been committed to supporting Indigenous leaders, communities, and organizations for nearly 30 years. As a firm we are advancing reconciliation by fostering meaningful and lasting relationships in working with Indigenous peoples, clients, and communities. The Deloitte Indigenous Client Services practice was created over 25 years ago to offer Indigenous communities, organizations, and businesses the depth of expertise to support communities in their Nation building process to achieve their priorities. The senior manager would work directly with the Prairies Indigenous Client Services (ICS) Leader and Partner to grow the ICS practice and team. Enough about us, let's talk about you
• 5-7 years of relevant work experience
• Successful completion of CPA, PMP, or equivalency
• Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
• Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
• Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production