Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary; Toronto; Vancouver
External Posting Description
Deloitte's Supply Chain & Manufacturing Operations Consulting practice is growing and we are seeking a talented Senior Manager to join our team. At Deloitte, Senior Managers are leaders within the practice - principally responsible for business development and overall project delivery leadership. This is a high profile role in a rapidly expanding area where you will have the opportunity to shape the development of the practice.
As a Senior Manager, Sourcing & Procurement in the Supply Chain & Manufacturing Operations Consulting practice, you will actively prioritize and manage the following key activities and responsibilities. Responsibilities:
- Lead best-in-class Sourcing & Procurement assessments and transformations
- Lead collaborative engagement teams through the development as well as implementation of Sourcing & Procurement strategies and solutions
- Recommend innovative solutions to clients based on industry and functional expertise
- Author client deliverables and present findings at the senior client level
- Work collaboratively with client personnel, leveraging their resources and knowledge to achieve project goals and complete deliverables on-time
- Cultivate and manage relationships at the client leadership level
- Provide clear and concise status updates and assist the leadership team with managing project risks
- Identify sales opportunities and lead the development of proposals to assist clients in improving their supply chain performance
- Contribute to practice thought leadership and service development
- Coach and develop practice staff on client engagements and through formal coaching
- Continuously improve professional skills through a variety of Deloitte and external training courses
- Participate in firm recruiting events to attract highly talented team members
External Posting Qualifications
- 7+ years of Sourcing & Procurement related work experience in a consulting environment
- Project-based experience is essential
- Experience in business development and building client relationships
- Demonstrated expertise in key Sourcing & Procurement focus areas such as:
- Strategic Sourcing
- Category Management
- Procurement Transformation
- Sourcing and Procurement technology implementation
- Spend Analysis
- Sourcing Strategy Development
- RFx Development
- Supplier Negotiations
- Contract Development & Management
- Supplier Performance & Relationship Management
- Supplier Risk Management
- Experience with the leading Source-to-Contract and Procure-to-Pay technology is an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Proven ability to deliver on project management accountabilities in a cross functional environment
- Experienced with diagnosis of problems, development of solutions, facilitation of decision making, documentation, client communication, managing expectations, project profitability as well as team leadership
- Ability to anticipate the long term, multifunctional impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving
- Prior Business/Engineering/Mathematics/Computer Science undergraduate studies advantageous
- Graduate studies in Business or Supply Chain Management related specializations preferred
- MBA or P. Eng. designation highly desirable
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Extensive travel in Canada and USA may be required
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply