We are currently seeking an Information Technology (I.T.) Audit Senior Manager to join our Edmonton office. The IT Audit Senior Manager will focus primarily on IT Audit pertaining to Securities and Exchange Commission completion for clients. The successful candidate will demonstrate flexibility in working on other risk management and compliance type services or projects as required. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Review of information security controls and practices within client environments for completion for SEC Audits.
- Lead other audit engagements related to information systems and outsourced service providers.
- Managing and providing risk and compliance services with a focus on information technology audits that include:
- Information system audits: assessment of I.T. risks and controls, including general controls environment and automated controls embedded within information systems environment as part of a KPMG audit or advisory engagement.
- Information security and protection: protecting vital information assets by assisting clients with information security, business continuity and crisis preparedness.
- Information systems and controls: verifying that optimal controls relating to major systems and their implementation are in place and operating effectively.
- Information reliability: assuring stakeholders of information reliability, through IT risk assessment, benchmarking and due diligence.
- System implementation and conversion: Advising on conversion issues and project management risks and controls.
- Attestation engagements: Reports on control procedures within the CICA or AICPA context.
- Simultaneously manage multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity
- Develop and management of engagement and project plans to support engagement profitability
- Manage deliverables and expectations as well as review the quality of the fieldwork and deliverables prepared by more junior team members to ensure that deliverables meet KPMG quality standards.
- Develop a network of contacts and maintain a relationship with them on a regular basis, both formally and informally, for the purposes of business development.
- Participate in creating proposals, capability statements and presentations.
- Participate in oral presentations to new / potential / existing clients.
- Display a strong understanding of KPMG products and services and will be able to use this understanding to identify opportunities for clients.
- Actively look to identify opportunities from current engagements.
- Instruct local and national technical or industry training for staff, management and Partners as well as for clients and business/industry conferences.
- As part of the Partner/Manager team, you will continue to learn throughout your career and keep yourself up to date with technical, business and current affairs by reading widely, referring to technical literature regularly and maintaining an inquisitive (curious) mind.
- 8-10 years' of experience with a public accounting or an advisory services firm, conducting information technology audits.
- 5+ years' of experience and knowledge focusing on Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Audits.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university.
- In addition to your CA, preference will be given to candidates with a CISA and/or CIA designation with a solid IT Audit and reporting background.
- 5 to 7 years of combined relevant experience in Audit (internal and/or external audit), Consulting (e.g. system implementation, project management, IT consulting, risk management consulting, cyber security, etc.), and/or relevant roles in industry or the public sector (e.g. risk management or internal control function, IT, cyber security, finance and accounting, project management, system implementation project experience, etc.) is required; more experience is preferred.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Business Development: taking an active role in the business community to increase awareness of the firm's services and level of commitment to the local Calgary market, developing and maturing relationships with internal staff and clients, developing proposals, identifying and pursuing opportunities to increase the practice's penetration in the public and private sector.
- Experience with SAP, Oracle Financials, and PeopleSoft ERP experience, and Cloud Oracle experience is as an asset.
- Strong current knowledge in the following: Canadian GAAP, IFRS, and financial audit and reporting issues, as well as other I.T. auditing or security standards and practices.
- Able to lead cross functional teams comprised of diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
- Ability to adapt methodologies and techniques to unique circumstances.
- Ability to convey concepts and services to clients.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute Risk and Compliance type engagements that has budget restrictions and deadlines.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance