Ernst & Young (EY) has people in more than 140 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
EY's Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimizing, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within TAS include Mergers and Acquisition Services, Project Finance, Restructuring Services, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Support, Transaction Tax, Valuation and Business Modeling and Working Capital and Cash Flow Transformation Practice .
Within TAS, our Working Capital and Cash Flow Transformation Practice works with companies, acquirers and private equity firms, to identify value creation opportunities that exist within companies or a potential acquisition candidate to improve business process performance and release excess cash from working capital. This team is looking to grow rapidly in Canada and we are looking for talented professionals to support the growth.
As a Senior Manager, you'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal relationships as well as develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to service client needs. With guidance from partners, you'll also identify potential business opportunities for EY, with the aim to develop robust and long term client relationships and networks.
By drawing on your knowledge and experience, you'll provide innovative insights for clients, adapting methods and practices to fit operational recommendations, while considering both cultural and change management needs.
In line with our commitment to quality, you'll consistently drive projects to completion and determine that work is of a high quality. Your role in leading teams on engagements will require a consideration of team operation effectiveness and efficiency, as well as the identification of risks and issues to be escalated as appropriate internally or to the client. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop. Candidate profile
• Senior Managers and Senior Project Managers with Supply Chain and delivery experience, including the management of complex projects
• Effectively lead and motivate engagement teams in assessing a business' current business policies, procedures; identifying root causes that result in sub-optimal working capital position and develop recommendations to provide management to achieve identified cash flow improvements. Following assessment, continue to lead and support both the team and client in the implementation journey • Be able to present issues, findings and solutions effectively in both a concise written and oral format • Demonstrate high levels of technical and professional knowledge and quickly assimilate new knowledge. Keep up-to-date with current developments and trends in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge. • Manage client relationships while executing projects, working with key company management and Private Equity stakeholders. Deliver a high degree of client satisfaction with the engagement process and work products sufficient to drive additional and repeated engagements • Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support and coaching, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress • Assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders • Lead and support business development activities to sell work through development of internal EY and external client relationship networks • Provide support, guidance and vision in improving and enhancing the team's practice delivery methodology To qualify, candidates must have:
• A bachelor's degree • Current or recent experience with an established consulting firm or an internal consulting role at a large corporation and at least 8 years of related work experience • Experience as a consultant in leading and delivering successful Business Process Improvement projects • Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills • Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with experience and knowledge in extracting, mining and visualizing big data sets • Strong written and verbal communication skills and confidence in presenting to Executives • Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary; travel is estimated at 50% but is subject to project requirements Technical Skill requirements
You'll have knowledge and experience in a number of the following areas:
• Experience in delivering projects that cover the full life cycle of assessment, design and implementation support • Subject matter expertise in one or multiple of the following areas logistics and fulfilment • Supply Chain Optimization, including sales and operations planning, manufacturing operational efficiency, logistics and fulfilment • Procurement, including supplier negotiation, supplier relationship management, category planning and vendor audits • Finance process improvement including billing optimization, collections and dispute management and shared service optimization • Operational cost reduction • Process benchmarking and maturity assessments • Professional designation and/or qualification preferred (i.e. MBA, CPA, P.Eng) • Strong business process improvement skills and experience (i.e. Six Sigma, Lean) • Strong project management skills and experience (i.e. PMP) • Strong analytical skills (i.e. MS Access / SQL / Alteryx knowledge is a preference) What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical with an attention to detail, and logical thinkers, with a passion for transaction advisory services and helping clients solve important problems. Being a strong team player is critical, with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client's goals.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry • Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance