Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
This Senior Manager (based in Calgary) develops and executes the strategic marketing plan for Deloitte's Prairie Region. Working with the regional managing partner, local leaders, and practitioners across all of Deloitte's services, this role is to be a marketing advisor for 5 regional markets. The role will entail developing, supporting and executing the local Private / Mid-Market marketing strategy, and activating national programs in the region.
Reporting to the Director, Regions and Deloitte Private Marketing, the senior marketing manager is self-motivated, energetic, driven for success and results oriented. The candidate will recommend strategies for elevating Deloitte's presence and strengthening the firm's brand to realize business objectives, and support the growth of the Prairie Region practice.Responsibilities
- Serve as a trusted advisor and work with the Marketplace leaders to plan and execute a full complement of marketing initiatives to drive growth and enhance market positioning, which may include:
- Evaluating national programs and recommending campaigns and activities that will drive value in the market, creating a local marketing plan and support strategy
- Ensuring alignment of local go-to-market priorities with national strategy and priorities - advising leadership in the region and marketplace when conflict arises
- Leading and executing the initiatives outlined in the marketing plan including working on campaigns and activities to support lead generation and build the brand
- Surfacing, evaluating and where agreed designing and executing events geared toward client education, relationship building and revenue growth including, but not limited to client roundtables, conferences, and seminars
- Track, monitor, and evaluate integrated marketing activities and accomplishments with lead generation as an end goal
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure business alignment
- Collaborate/Coordinate with appropriate regional resources, including subject matter specialists, service area leaders, client service professionals and various shared services, to manage their involvement in marketing/marketplace activities.
- Execute and/or leverage integrated marketing programs
- Work with account development, pursuits marketing delivery, content strategy other members of the marketplace services extended team of marketing colleagues (functional and regional) to deliver programs in the region.
- Contribute innovative marketing ideas and solutions that support long term growth of the Marketplace offices
- Develop and maintain overall marketing budget and utilize sound marketing methods to ensure programs are implemented cost-effectively and implemented to achieve desired goals for building revenue, relationships and reputation
- Champion a number of national initiatives including client feedback, and CRM adoption
- Lead and manage regional marketing team on day-to-day projects and programing, providing coaching and support as required.
- Contribute to national marketing leadership, management and geographic peer network.
- Consistently evaluate marketing activity and plan to realities in the market making adjustments as required.
- Stay current on digital marketing and other areas best practice in marketing.
External Posting Qualifications The successful candidate will have the following:
- Minimum eight years of marketing/communications experience, with a focus on strategy, planning and implementing integrated marketing communications campaign programs designed to build relationships and revenue
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing or Business
- Experience in a management role with direct reports
- Experience in developing marketing and communications strategies that are aligned to business strategy and sales
- Experience with the following marketing communications tactics:
- Conference/Event/Tradeshow management (world class marketing events)
- Thoughtware/Collateral/content production
- Direct mail/contact programs
- Media relations
- Internet communication
- Speaker's programs, and
- Internal communications
- Experience working and presenting to senior leaders and leadership teams
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization
- A commitment to flexible work hours and some travel
- An understanding of market segmentation and customer relationship management/databases is required
- Ability to work and manage external suppliers is key
- Flexibility and adaptability required
- Proven abilities with demand generation, lead tracking, and ROI
- Industry background in professional services is a definite asset
- Strong negotiation skills
- Self-starter, independent and proactive
- Ability to develop, share and adopt innovative approaches and best practices,
- Strong project management skills. Must be detail oriented, organized and able to juggle multiple tasks and timelines
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills, with ability to develop contacts
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (English required, French would be an asset but not required)
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply