We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What you'll be doing
As a member of CIBC Private Wealth Management, you will be responsible for effectively managing and growing a portfolio of cash management, lending and investment products and services which increases overall profit contribution. As a Senior Private Banking Advisor, you will apply extensive in-depth knowledge and skills to ensure quality of account portfolio by performing risk assessment and in-depth financial analysis on all potential or existing high net worth clients on an ongoing basis. The Senior Private Banking Advisor delivers solutions that make it easy for clients to bank with us, resolving extremely complex credit issues for clients by working closely with the business, fostering a dedicated team spirit, and partnering behaviors with internal teams and building a strong partnership with them. The role has ownership of processes and milestones, connecting people and networks, drawing on the Bank's broader team and supporting our community. The role devises new methods using strong analytic and inductive thinking to deliver excellence, reviewing the client's financial needs from a holistic perspective, and identifying opportunities to broaden the client's suite of products and services.
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview. How you'll succeed
Who you are
- Client Service - Review client portfolios and financial needs from a holistic perspective and identify opportunities to broaden the client's suite of products and services. Meet regularly with clients to conduct portfolio reviews and introduce new product and service solutions. Understand wealth generation by small to medium business enterprises and the complexity of monetizing their value.
- Business Development - Through business development activities, acquire new clients who have sophisticated financial needs, are people of influence and/or who require complex global financial solutions. Search for and develop untapped opportunities to promote CIBC Private Wealth Management within the High-Net-Worth market. Develop and maintain high quality, effective relationships with internal and external networks. Contribute to the group's High Net Worth (HNW) business by building a portfolio of HNW clients whose needs are primarily banking, credit and investment based (i.e., mutual funds, fixed income products, GICs, Imperial Investor Services, PPS, etc.)
- Relationship Building - Increase retention and consolidation of CIBC Private Wealth Management clients' business by understanding the clients and developing strong relationships and action plans to provide appropriate investment, credit, banking solutions and wealth advisory services. Provide consistent service excellence at all client touch points to meet High Net Worth client's expectations for service delivery and issue resolution.
- Analysis - Ensure quality of account portfolio by performing risk assessment and in-depth financial analysis on all potential or existing High Net Worth clients on an ongoing basis. Ensure that all recommendations and actions adhere to all Bank risk standards and guidelines. Assess performance through review of Local Level Reporting (LLR) and build target plans to enable achievement of required business objectives and to support execution of annual portfolio plan.
- You can demonstrate experience with concepts of personal financial planning and strong knowledge of all banking, investment and credit products and services and financial services experience (private client, private banking, advisory, brokerage, etc.)
- You are a certified professional. You have your Canadian Securities Course (CSC), Professional Financial Planning Course, Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH) and continuing education to Certified Financial Planners Designation.
- You put our clients first. You engage with the purpose of finding the right solutions. You go the extra mile because it is the right thing to do.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you are empowered to take the initiative, go beyond, and deliver results.
- Your influence makes a difference. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by sharing your expertise.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work, and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
- You're fluent in French and English to serve our clients in the community
What CIBC offers
- You're fluent in French and English to support business operations outside of Quebec, Canada
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
What you need to know
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive compensation, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit .
Edmonton-10180-101st Street Employment Type
Financial Services, Identifying Opportunities, Investment Products, Mass-Affluent Client Management, Sales, Wealth Advisory Services, Wealth Management
Customer Service and Support Other