Senior Programmer Analyst
Location: Remote within, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology Employment Information: Job Type:
Permanent, Full Time Salary Range:
$66,835.00 - $83,545.00 - $104,430.00 Expected Salary:
Our typical hiring range will be +/- 10% of the midpoint listed above. Factors influencing this decision include qualifications and market conditions for the role. Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you'll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC's eGaming platform, and much more.
We have offices in Kamloops and Vancouver and can also support 100% remote (from within British Columbia) for this position. Job Summary:
As a key member of the Lottery Games Team, the role of the Senior Programmer Analyst is to work with other Developers and Operations staff to build, deploy, and support Integration services in BCLC's Lottery platform. This role will proactively resolve complex technical issues and use innovative thinking in the development and delivery of solutions and broader issues resolution. The Senior Programmer Analyst role acts as a consultative partner providing expertise, analysis, and advice to internal stakeholders within BCLC. They will work with external partners in a multivendor environment to enable the business to provide Lottery products and services efficiently and effectively. Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Performs development and analysis within a multivendor services environment.
- Works with other technical resources as a member of an Agile Product Delivery Team
- Collaborates with business and other IT personnel to integrate new requirements into software solutions.
- Works with vendors, and the business, as well as internal QA department on orchestrating testing and user acceptance.
- Delivers technical solutions to projects and reviews technical design documents from vendors.
- May act as a technical lead on key integration projects.
- Works with architecture team members in the creation of technical requirements and specs.
- Collaborates with Sr. Systems Analyst, business and architecture group on the technology roadmap.
- Works closely with other technology groups to provide analysis, expertise and development on enterprise solutions.
- Provides application support of enterprise integration solutions.
- Provides estimating and expertise to business cases brought forth during business planning cycles.
- University degree or certification in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- 3-5 years progressively more responsible experience in a programming/analysis environment, with at least three years at a programmer/analyst level;
- Experience working on large projects with high levels of integration;
- Experience with implementation and maintaining of large systems would be an asset;
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of Programming languages: Java Spring Boot, .Net Framework (including C#, ASP.NET), Java/J2EE, SQL, XML, HTML;
- Knowledge of Containerization: OpenShift, Docker;
- Knowledge of Automation: Jenkins Pipeline, CICD;
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud Products: EC2, S3, API Gateway, MQ, SNS/SQS, etc
- Knowledge of Agile processes and ceremonies;
- Knowledge of Middleware: Tibco Businessworks, JMS, WebServices, SOAP, REST;
- Knowledge of Database: Microsoft SQL Server;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows systems, system administration, would be an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
- Strong computer skills - MS office suite;
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com .
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/careers/overview.html
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.