WSP is currently seeking a Senior Project & Design Manager
to join our team, located at our Edmonton (or Calgary) office. The ideal candidate will have experience with Industrial Carbon Capture projects. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consider the unique characteristics and objectives of each project and using your experience recommend the optimum approach for project delivery including design procurement, construction delivery methodology, forms of contract, phasing plans and project governance structure;
- Manage projects with total fees between $100,000 to $ 1,000,000+ per year
- Oversee and Coordinate the overall Design of an Industrial Major Project
- Ensure all discipline designs are communicated and coordinated
- Lead Design as Owner's Engineer for Major Projects
- Coordinate and Lead Designs for various EPC companies
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others
- Keep the Project Director (PD), and others informed about project status and issues that may negatively impact client relations
- As the owner's representative, demand a high standard of performance from the design and construction team selected to work on your projects
- Work with client(s) to define the purpose, risks and financial basis for the project
- Help develop the overall Project Management Plan which defines the project objectives, scope of work, stakeholders' responsibilities, master schedule, budget, risks, communication protocols, and success factors
- Evaluate submissions relative to the project needs, and make recommendations for approval
- Provide feedback on quality, schedule and budget to the professionals throughout the design process
- Review design submissions for compliance with the owner's requirements
- Document the decision process and communicate to the entire team at appropriate times to maintain consistency and commitment to your needs
- Review new Scope Of Work requests from the Client
- Developing and maintaining strong internal and external partners and industry relationships
- Identify and develop new or existing business development relationships and opportunities
- Provide on the job training for project employees
- Make the Project Director aware of all activities that require or may require review
- Prepare proposals as required
- Review and contribute to project related documentation as required, such as cost, risk, and action logs, schedules, etc.
- Experience with Carbon Capture Projects
- Design Management Experience for Industrial Major/Mega Projects
- Experience as Owner's Engineer for Major Projects
- Effective team building and collaboration
- High level of communication (verbal and written) and coordination
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering; Architecture or Construction Management may be considered an asset
- Post Graduate degree in Management considered an asset
- Strong and proven business development skills
- PMP accreditation considered an asset
- Up to date knowledge of best practices and project management tools;
- A Senior PM / Design Manager will be expected to come with 15+ years of related work experience including 5 years' experience managing construction projects with a Tier 1 contractor and 2 years' experience with a professional project management / Engineering firm
- Ability to present technical information in a compelling, concise and understandable manner to project stakeholders who lack technical expertise
- Excellent leadership skills and experience mentoring, managing, motivating, and developing others
- Project management experience in engineering and H&S delivery on projects including; Carbon Capture (CCUS), Industrial, Oil & Gas, Transportation/Rail, Buildings Environmental & Planning, and Infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of available construction delivery methodologies, bonding, claims management, dispute resolution and insurance for construction projects.
- Previous experience work with EPC companies
- Experience in the Edmonton market, including knowledge of Municipal development policies
- Effective client management in each stage of the project lifecycle
- Strategic orientation with a long-term perspective to value creation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - verbal, written, and presentation
- Proven ability monitoring schedules and providing direction for managing improvements
- Proven ability to evaluate project impacts on facility operations and provide instructions to minimize problems
- Previous experience managing document flow for quality assurance, permit compliance, insurance and warranties is required
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Management and Executive