December 20, 2018
Reporting to the Superintendent of Engineering, the Senior Project Engineer or Project Engineer is responsible for managing significant projects and providing guidance to the operation in an exciting time at Cardinal River - during the Redcap project mine extension. This role is an excellent opportunity for an engineer looking to make a significant impact on the business. The successful candidate will work toward common goals with a diverse group of colleagues in the technical services and operating departments, as well as external contractors. Upon successful completion of the Redcap project, there will be opportunity to take on other Mining or Project Engineer roles at Cardinal River or within the Coal Business Unit. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Assure project processes including Teck Project Delivery Framework, management of change, project charter development (including success criteria), request for proposals, contract preparation, and execution are effectively applied
- Provide guidance and technical direction in the development and maintenance of design and construction standards in the project
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential conflicts, and develop contingency plans
- Provide direction to identify strengths, critical issues, and areas of risk in the execution of the project; ensure that alternatives are developed and evaluated using a total business perspective to obtain the best solution
- Manage project delivery through the execution stages up to commissioning and project closeout.
- Manage scope, schedule and budget development, safety, environmental management, communication, engineering, permitting, procurement, construction, quality control, and start-up activities of the project
- Influence strong site decision making through thorough detailed data analysis and sound mining practices
- Bachelor's degree or Engineering diploma in Mine Engineering, Civil Engineering, or similar discipline
- Registered, or eligible to register within two years, with APEGA as a Professional Engineer
- Experience in all aspects of project delivery, such as; studies, detail design, procurement, construction, and commissioning
- Strong communication skills, demonstrated professionalism, and the ability to interact at all levels of the operation, on a mining or large civil project
- Experience working on large projects, with consultants, managing internal resources and external contractors, and communicating with regulators
- A strong desire for continued professional and personal development
- Proven organization skills and an aptitude for managing data and systems
- A solid grasp of survey, drill and blast, geotechnical engineering, and geology
- Six plus years' experience in an open pit mine or large civil operation considered an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite®, VBA or other programming, and 3D design software such as Minesight® 3D, AutoCAD, and XPAC considered an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-JB1 Job Segment:
Project Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Geology, Social Media, Engineering, Marketing
- Apply Now
- Apply with LinkedIn
- Please wait...
Posted: December 15, 2018
Closes: February 13, 2019