Position: Senior Project Manager
Location: Edmonton, AB
Are you considering a career change? We are coveting an experienced / Senior Project Manager in the Edmonton, Alberta area. For over a century this international provider of building materials has been serving North America by supplying cement, aggregates, ready-mixed concrete and asphalt.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, this position will be responsible for managing projects at Edmonton and Delta Plant.
- Assess, prioritize, manage and deliver on strategic cement projects in Region Canada
- Create and manage the projects, and execute according to established schedules, within budget, and according to organizations' project management procedures
- Manage the project planning implementation schedule, issuing regular updates and participating in senior management meetings, to ensure milestones and deadlines are achieved.
- Works directly with Cement Operations to execute the engineering designs as per the Project Plans
- Lead technical reviews and develop quality assurance procedures
- Create systems aimed at ensuring that project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Foster and maintain productive working relations with assigned stakeholders
- Develop task lists for project deliverables and coordinate with engineering to develop detailed engineering task lists as they relate to schedule
- Create tools aimed at coordinating and tracking sub-contractor progress and their deliverables or milestones as they relate to the overall schedule, earned value of work, and payments according to contract conditions
- Oversee interaction with key suppliers and the ordering of materials and services for the project.
- Manage project cost vs. budget, sharing the decisional process with the Steering Committee in full transparency
- Make informed decisions to benefit the Company using available information, analyses and actionable decision frameworks
- Promote safe work habits and provide safe working conditions
- Assess and obtain internal and external resources for all disciplines participating in the project
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering or related field, combined with 10 to 15 years of experience in Project Management
- The ability to devise and implement highly sophisticated strategic project plans through the coordination of functional teams and expertise
- Financial management skills including budgeting, forecasting, and cost management
- Experience as a Project Manager in project execution from planning to execution on multiple projects and levels of complexity
- Demonstrated experience in leadership and project management, problem solving and creativity, strategic thinking and decision making
- Demonstrated experience in creating and managing complex project planning and execution plans, and in communication needs and requirements to upper management
- Skilled in the use of SAP and Microsoft Office software
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to synthesize multiple business functions toward a common goal
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, are central to achieving the objectives of the project. Proven experience in influencing, developing and changing the motivation and behaviour of people as frequently as required.
- Authoritative understanding of contractual matters (negotiation and legal aspects) gained through wide experience.
- Mastery of planning the phases of a project and transferring the results into an efficient time schedule
- Highly competitive base salary
- Significant bonus based on a hybrid of personal and corporate performance
- Tier 1 benefits
- Future growth opportunity
- Commitment to ongoing personal and educational advancements
For more in-depth information on this opportunity please submit your resume to this advertisement. We welcome the opportunity to learn more about your career. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Construction, Mining and Trades Engineering Management and Executive