is currently seeking a motivated Senior Project Manager
to join our Lethbridge Municipal Engineering
team. Reporting to the Southern Region Manager in Lethbridge, this position will be responsible to work on projects for public and private clients, leading municipal water, wastewater, drainage, and roadway infrastructure projects including planning, design and construction administration services. As a key member of the team, you will deal directly with clients and approval and regulatory agencies. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
• Work with the Manager to build the existing Municipal Engineering practice in the region, by providing
staff hiring recommendations as required, as well as providing mentorship to new and existing staff;
• Manage design and project execution for municipal infrastructure projects including: site
developments, water resources, watermain and sewage collection rehabilitation, road design;
• Actively participate in the design and provide direction to the design team throughout the design
• Lead a multi-disciplinary project team to undertake major infrastructure projects;
• Liaise with various municipal/utility/approval agencies;
• Be responsible for project budgets, project schedules, and client communications;
• Apply proven design experience including conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs;
• Contribute to RFP, Bid and Proposal documents; and
• Other duties as assignedWhat you'll bring to WSP...
• Minimum of 10+ years of municipal infrastructure and/or transportation experience for Public and
Private Sector projects in Alberta;
• Professional Engineer designation in Alberta;
• Knowledge and application of Environmental standards and guidelines;
• Project Management experience on municipal and/or private sector projects;
• Experience with sewer, watermain, and road design;
• Familiarity with local planning/approval processes;
• Valid Driver's license;
• Experience working with the various southern Alberta municipalities an asset; and
• Knowledge and experience with Trenchless Technologies an asset. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Management and Executive