is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. Privately owned by our people
, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking a Senior Proposal Specialist
to support pursuit and proposal activities and the development and implementation of pursuit plans and strategy in our Calgary, AB or Vancouver, BC
- Lead the development of high quality, persuasive proposals marketing collateral and presentations.
- Understanding of technical terminology, project management structure, and discipline functions by Sectors.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, coordinate groups of content providers and deal with changing priorities.
- Review RFPs and participate/lead strategic win plan discussions with Project Managers and Technical Leaders
Leading activities include:
- Facilitate proposal kick-off meetings
- Facilitate colour review meetings, and drive content completion
- Proposal formatting, writing, editing, and proof reading
- Effective use of graphic and organizational software to create key graphics (e.g., Visio and/or PowerPoint)
- Participate in proposal debrief and lessons learned discussion
- Participate in the prepositioning stage with the Technical Leads
- Review RFPs and lead strategic win plan discussions with Project Managers and Technical Leaders.
- Assist the Project Managers and Technical Leads to create presentations and interviews for clients.
- Understand and adhere to GHD’s values, Codes of Conduct, and Policies.
- Develop a strong internal network, and contribute to the identification of the best resources for the project team.
- Be brand ambassadors and coach colleagues to be one
To contribute to the GHD business goal by:
- Facilitate the proposal development by ensuring a clear understanding of the client requirements and strategic win themes
- Prepare and lead consistent and efficient Proposal Kickoff meetings, group status calls, ensuring activities adhere to the Proposal Development Plan
- Demonstrate superior teamwork abilities and a willingness to jump in and help others when needed
- Produce the successful development of complaint, competitive, cogent, and compelling proposals through effective collaboration across stakeholders (internal team, sub-consultants, etc.)
- Ensure high-quality content and appearance of final proposal deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Business, Journalism, Marketing or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience coordinating and writing technical proposals for an engineering, construction or professional services firm
- Self-starter and finisher, detail orientated, flexible, team player, and willing and able to do a wide variety of tasks with minimal supervision
- Problem solving, planning and time management skills
- Flexible and able to meet challenging deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills required with ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Even tempered in fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Consistent personal ethics: integrity, dependability, initiative, and quality
- Strong technical writing, data analysis, and interpretation skills
- Strong technical competencies using: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Photoshop and InDesign
- Understanding of marketing techniques (layout, graphics, strategy-to-win)
We offer an opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic employee owned company, a professional working environment with career development potential, flexible hours and a competitive salary package based on qualifications, skills, and experience in a privately held, quality driven, and client focused company.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.