Finning Canada Number of Openings:
Reporting to the Sr. Finance Manager supporting the Producer Resources team, the Sr. Regional Finance is responsible for supporting financial analysis, forecasting, budgeting, manual journal vouchers, complex financial modeling, and ad-hoc reporting.
In this role the incumbent will extract data to perform month end close activities including manual journal vouchers, accruals, analysis of individual job profitability and results to forecast / budget targets. Development of complex financial models to support decision making, capital analysis, revenue models and profit margin analysis. Working with the operational team on budgeting and forecasting, analyzing current performance, and ongoing economic analysis of business initiatives as well as building analytical tools to gain efficiencies in financial modeling/analysis/reporting as required.Job Description:
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Support the Producer Resources team in gathering financial data, utilizing existing ERP systems, general ledger and reporting tools
- Create ad hoc reports, enhance current reports to expedite analysis for management decision making.
- Measures financial results against budget and forecasts, including provide commentaries on variances.
- Review of monthly financial operating results, identifying key trends, variances, and areas of improved performance.
- Performs financial analysis and able to interpret financial and non-financial information, and to communicate the analysis to stakeholders.
- Develops complex financial models to support management decision making.
- Assists in the development of the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, flash updated and analyzes actual and budgeted figures on an ongoing basis. Creates and maintains detailed budget and forecast templates.
- Provides information and assistance to management regarding expenditures, purchases and other costs of doing business
- Works closely with operations team and other support service teams.
- Performs ad hoc projects as required.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting aggressive deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Knowledge of the link between analysis and business impact
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables; having a systems aptitude will be useful
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and curious to learn the business and new concepts
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance