Requisition ID: 65183
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of Scotia Leasing in Alberta/Western Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. The focus of sales efforts will be on equipment finance and lease transactions from $250,000 + for Small Business, Specialty Business Banking, Commercial, Corporate, Institutions and Government.
The Sr. Relationship Manager, Equipment Financing is a product specialist who possesses a strong understanding of leasing products. He or She is responsible for negotiating and structuring directly with the client to ensure equipment finance or lease structure meets client's financing, accounting and taxation requirements in a manner consistent with the overall Commercial Bank strategy of developing a customer focused sales culture and adhering to governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. He or She will have a detailed and current knowledge of all aspects of equipment finance and leasing specifically with special emphasis on accounting, taxation, credit pricing and security. The incumbent will work closely with Relationship Manager to ensure lease structure is properly advised in credit submissions and is responsible for recommending pricing, preparing proposals and input to credits, high level review of financial statements to ensure client will meet Bank's credit criteria, as well as assisting with lease documentation preparation and accuracy.Accountabilities
• Promotes the development & profitable growth of the portfolio in the assigned market area by:
• Developing and implementing a marketing strategy to maximize business development opportunities for sustainable growth
• Developing sales plans for prospects and existing customers
• Identifying prospects/referrals from other internal/external networks
• Analyzing prospect lists and prioritizing business development opportunities based on market data
• Partner with internal resources for non-credit related products
• Referring customers and prospects to the appropriate Commercial Banking segment and partners• Pursues a business development program within the assigned market area according to agreed-upon growth objectives by:
• Acquires good quality and profitable equipment finance and lease transactions for Scotia Leasing
• Influence and assist Commercial Banking Centres & Branches to identify and acquire good quality profitable equipment finance / leases
• Maintaining an appropriate ongoing sales pipeline and calling program
• Maintaining effective follow-up with prospects/referrals on any unsuccessful opportunities
• Sales Reporting on monthly activities including but not limited to prospect calls, customer calls, joint calling with partners and COI calls• Ensures all aspects of assigned relationships receive ongoing attention, as required to maintain, improve, grow and retain the relationship by:
• Actively seeking customer feedback on Bank products and services and the delivery of customer service
• Liaising with the Shared Services Business Support Centre (BSC) for fulfilment (including documentation, liaising with third parties, security registration), compliance monitoring, reporting actions and all service activities as required
• Ensure spread targets are adhered to or are exceeded in line with the Bank's ROAC objectives
• Action suggestions to continually improve customer satisfaction and processes improvements which may be received directly from clients or through client satisfaction vehicles such as the Pulse
• Maintain a high market profile within the assigned market area with both internal and external contacts
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
The clients being serviced are in Canada and generally within the same region although they could have operations across the country as well as in international locations. These clients will have leasing needs typically from $250,000 to $25,000,000.
The incumbent requires an expert knowledge of the leasing industry, competitors, pricing environment, security requirements and product offerings. To complement this, He or She must also possess a good understanding of financial theory of lease vs. buy analysis utilizing the Rubicon program for modeling different finance structure options and a solid understanding of financial statements, financial analysis and credit structuring typically found in the Commercial Lending environment.
The incumbent will be in contact with client CFO and Controllers and centres of influence within the market area; building and maintain internal relationships with key players/contacts.
The incumbent will also interact with external parties such as Solicitors, Accountants, Professional Service Providers and possibly External Bank Groups.
Resolving issues/negotiating compromises between team members and partners from other Scotiabank Groups (e.g. Global Transaction Banking, Global Wealth Management, Retail & Small Business Banking, Global Risk Management, Legal & Insurance Risk Services) to meet objectives/overcome obstacles, guiding team members to alternatives if required.
The incumbent continually works with clients providing service consistent with Scotia Service Standards, Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures. The incumbent looks for opportunities to promote the sale of bank product and services.
The environment is fast paced and demanding and will at times require priorities be re-adjusted to accommodate urgent requests.Education
• BSc or Bcomm in Business, MBA is preferred +2 years business experience in a similar marketing related businessSkills/Work Experience
• Previous work experience of at least 2 years is preferred
• Very strong sales/closing skills
• Strong networking ability
• Very strong negotiation skills
• Very strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential to this position. The incumbent must be able to effectively articulate their views both within the Bank and externally in the marketplace.
• Strong relationship management skills
• Strong credit skills
• Strong knowledge of Bank's commercial lending and deposit products and services, and customer profitability model, in order to provide integrated financial solutions.
• Ability to conduct due diligence on the strength of customer financials for deals of moderate to higher complexity
• The incumbent requires a strong knowledge of the commercial banking marketplace in Canada and a detailed knowledge of the assigned market area's key industries and competitive positioning within the assigned market area. The incumbent understands the Commercial Bank's objectives, and has a thorough knowledge of segment, strategies and structure, as well as its lending and deposit products and services.
• Expert knowledge of people, sales management and coaching techniques;
• Expert knowledge of interviewing, solicitation and business development techniques.
• Good knowledge of Onboarding, Know Your Customer, Anti Money Laundering processes
• Good PC skills are necessary, including a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other commercial systems and platforms.
• Key Competencies include: Customer Focus, Communication, Results Focus, Building Strategic Relationships, Strategic Influencing and Self-Awareness & Personal DevelopmentWorking Conditions
• Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Interprovincial travel required.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Business Development, Finance, Technology, Legal, Sales
Banking, Finance and Insurance