success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
WSP is currently searching for a Senior Risk Assessor to join our Mine Water team. #WeAreWSP #globalminingA day in the life...
What you'll bring to WSP...
- Bringing your talents, training, enthusiasm, leadership and solution-oriented focus to work as a valued and respected member of our multi-disciplinary team of professionals as we tackle some of the world's most challenging environmental problems and deliver some of the world's most innovative and relevant solutions;
- You'll be leading aspects of the business and technical mission of a multi-disciplinary team environment within Mine Environment and related technical discipline groups;
- Leading environmental risk assessments related to toxicology, environmental chemistry, public health and related topics;
- Leading and building an integrated team of risk assessment professionals;
- Contribute to business development and proposal writing;
- Technical review of work products;
- Oversight of quality assurance/quality control measures applicable to the task.
- Master's degree in biological sciences, chemistry, toxicology, public health or related field;
- Eligibility for professional registration as a Registered Professional Biologist or Professional Chemist or other applicable professional regulatory body in British Columbia;
- 10+ years of experience;
- Background in human health toxicology, risk assessment, public health, or related discipline;
- Sound working understanding of environmental chemistry to support biological/ecological studies relating to contaminants;
- Strong quantitative skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Passion for working in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and innovative thinking skills are essential;
- Valid BC Driver's licence;
- A positive demeanor towards carrying out your work safely and supporting the safe work of those you work with;
- Experience in the mining sector would be an advantage.
Expected Salary (all locations): $84,200 - $143,100
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.