Posting End Date: Number of Opening:
As a Senior Software Developer, you'll tasked with solving the most challenging technical problems, as well as expected to mentor other developers, and contribute to architecture and technology choices. You will be building MVPs and POCs as well as scalable enterprise applications. You will be part of a small team building the next generation of customer facing applications and solutions.
Our Global Digital Services team is spread around the globe and you'll work with Finning counterparts across our 3 Regions - Canada, South America and the UK & Ireland.
Are you hungry to learn and flourish in a dynamic, high-growth, and entrepreneurial environment? Keep reading and apply below! Job Description: What You'll Do:
Who You Are:
- Interact with product and project managers, vendors and other team members working as a collaborative agile team
- Design, code and test new solutions, building test automation and CI/CD automation
- Write clean code that is modular, efficient and maintainable
- Develop unit tests and troubleshoot issues
- Build APIs, web-services and other integrations
- Constantly communicate with other members of your team such as the testers, other developers and product managers
- Work with distributed teams in other Finning locations in Canada (Vancouver & Edmonton), Chile (Santiago) and the United Kingdom (Cannock)
- Participate in stand-ups, demos and sprint reviews
- Participate of grooming sessions to flesh out the details developers need to action user stories
- Offer technical estimates to help prioritize backlog of user stories
- Activity participate in scrums, team meetings and collaborate with other teams within Finning and our regions across the globe
- Ongoing interaction with Technical Delivery Teams to acquire clarification of technical solutions of new and existing functionality
- Act as the technical lead for smaller projects delivered by vendors, ensuring coding quality, and standards are met, as well as accurate technical estimates are made
- Foster an open and collaborative environment
- You have an Undergraduate degree or diploma (Engineering, Computer Science or similar)
- You have 3+ years in a Senior Developer or Lead Developer capacity
- You are passionate about building software with the customer in mind
- You are an exploratory developer with a proactive and curious personality
- You have worked in an Agile process, and you're multifaceted to also document user stories build acceptance criteria
- You have experience with DevOps tooling
- You are comfortable balancing multiple projects and priorities in a highly dynamic, rapidly growing and evolving environment.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, balancing: velocity, quality against business needs
- You have the willingness and flexibility to work across different time zones with collaborators across the globe
- You have a great sense of humour - we work extremely hard, and have fun doing it!
- You hunger to learn and ability to flourish in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Spanish speaking skills are a bonus
Other Desired Experience:
- You have experience implementing Adobe AEM or similar web content management system (AEM 6.0 and later required; AEM 6.3 is a plus)
- You have experience designing, developing and supporting AEM components, integrations and applications
- You have experience integrating Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics with AEM
- You have experience with RESTful and SOAP-based web services
- You have strong Angular.js experience
- You have a minimum of2 years of experience working with content management technologies
- You have a minimum of5 years of J2EE programming experience required
- You have experience with secure coding practices
- You have experience implementing web content management systems in a large corporate environment.
- You have experience with object-oriented design and design patterns
- You have excellent estimation abilities in scoping work in a highly complex environment
- You have been part of solution design/documentation and deployment with Azure, AWS or similar
- You have had exposure to open-source technologies
- You have experience building, deploying and supporting Internet-facing applications
- You have superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Infrastructure Automation experience, including CD/CI design and implementation
- Experience with Adobe Target not required, but considered a plus
- Experience with Sling, Spring and Strut frameworks, or other MVC frameworks.
- CMS, Mobile, Azure/AWS stack experience
- Experience with blended and virtual teams
- Interest in or previous experience in people management
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Posted: February 21, 2019
Closes: April 22, 2019