Senior Systems Integrator – ServiceNow
Job ID: DP642175628
This is an opportunity to join a large transformation project on an initial 12 month contract that is expected to extend or turn into a permanent role. The client is based in Victoria and they have a preference for consultants who can work onsite with the team but they are also open to ServiceNow professionals who prefer to work remote and travel to Victoria for the occasional meeting.
The successful candidate being a Senior Systems Integrator and a member of the clients’ team, the candidate will require you to touch on a broad range of skills to provide DevOps services for the many business applications. The candidate must have a customer-centric mindset: pouncing on incidents, creating proactive monitoring, automating fixes and sleuthing solutions to tricky problems. The candidate must also be responsible for managing the Production and non-Production environments for the program team for projects, program initiatives, and sustainment activities.
• Plan, coordinate and execute deployment strategies of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
• Develop and maintain release management workflow, including versioning, deployment plans, checklists, and deployment summaries.
• Execute deployments and implementations following change management process.
• Work closely with other program SI’s, program team members, project team members, and Operations staff to ensure that all requirements, as originally specified, are satisfied.
• Create and maintain non-production environments.
• Develop, coordinate and communicate transition process of systems from the Build team to Operations.
• Automate deployment steps.
• Research and provide solutions and/or tools to automate and monitor processes where applicable.
• Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex, or ambiguous.
• Produce software releases/builds in a timely fashion, ensure completeness and perform preliminary verification.
• Creation and maintenance of automated, scalable, build scripts/tools.
• Maintain the build system and process documentation.
• Collaborate as part of the project team in assembling software releases.
• Responsible for source code configuration management.
• Assist with planning/maintenance of development, QA, and UAT environments.
• Administration of the defect tracking tool (JIRA) for all departments.
• Facilitate and participate in the creation of Environment Management Plans for diverse IT projects.
• Prepare and gather effort estimates for the environment aspects of IT projects.
• Participate in the development of enterprise practices and policies.
• Manage test data (data tracking and scheduling, acquiring new sale data from production, resurrecting sales, running web baseline updates, etc.)
• Manage resources on vSphere infrastructure (troubleshooting, capacity planning, etc.)
• Contribute to the planning, design, and development of environments for new and existing applications.
• Management and maintenance of the program team’s SharePoint site, including organization of data and upkeep.
• Actively support the Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Business Administration, Commerce or in a related field is preferred
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience leading a customer service function in a fast-paced, multi-project and multi-customer IT environment
• A minimum 5 years’ experience in software development, release engineering, configuration management.
• ITIL Certification is preferred
• Strong understanding of SDLC - software lifecycle and application release processes
• Proven experience in the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products
• Familiar with source code repositories and build management tools, i.e. Jenkins, Ansible, SVN, Bitbucket Server, Xcode, ANT
• Experience with SaaS or CRM applications, i.e. Salesforce
• Experience in scripting utilities, i.e. Python, PowerShell, Apex, Shell, Batch
• Familiar with databases and query languages – SOQL, MSSQL, Postgres, Oracle
• Applicable work experience with change, configuration, build and release management processes
• Proven analytical abilities as well as diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• Experience working with ServiceNow
• Experience with development and implementation of ServiceNow ITSM modules
• Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management, Change
• Management, Knowledge Management or other ITSM application
• Experience with extending the ServiceNow schema to custom applications
• Experience with other ITSM software (BMC, Landesk, Cherwell, Heat, Axios, HP, etc.)
• Highly service-oriented, flexible and motivated
• Must have excellent customer-service, listening, communication and problem-solving skills
• Must have excellent leadership and collaboration skills to facilitate continuous service management
improvement across IT functions
• Must have experience leading or participating in agile and/or lean initiatives
• Strong facilitation, coordination and interpersonal skills
• Ability to raise, resolve and close issues to the satisfaction of all stakeholders
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
• Great attention to detail, able to prioritize and produce accurate results under deadline
• Ability to consistently meet required deadlines.
Please note: Candidates need to be authorized to work in Canada.
For more information about TEEMA and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com
About TEEMA Solutions Group
Why we are different TEEMA is governed by rock solid values, a mandate to empower our members and a commitment to excellence. Our Members are the most tenured in the staffing industry, with deep a...Read More