Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Do you like working in a fast paced and challenging environment? Are you looking to continue your professional development in Tax? Then this opportunity is for you! What will your typical day look like?
As a senior in M&A Tax, your typical day will consist of providing tax related services to clients engaged in deals. You will be involved in a variety of different projects such as providing transaction execution support for various client engagements. You can also expect to perform due diligence assignments and transactional income tax consulting projects such as designing tax efficient execution step plans and addressing tax issues arising in deal documents. You will have the opportunity to develop and refine your skills in research and analytical analysis for a vast portfolio of clients.About the team
The M&A Tax team in Calgary includes both accountants and lawyers focused on bringing tax advice to clients in a fast paced, vibrant environment where new problems and questions arise every day. We advise our clients on a wide range of corporate transactions including acquisitions, divestments, recapitalizations, financing, business development, negotiations and equity capital raisings. To solve these problems, we work together as a team using our experience and resources of Deloitte, both nationally and internationally, to bring the best possible advice.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- Either the CPA designation or a law degree;
- Keen interest in completing a Canadian Masters degree in Taxation or the CPA Canada In-depth Tax program
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, ideally in a Big 4 or a national law firm
- Dedication to professional and client service excellence;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to diagnose problems related to projects, develop solutions and communicate with clients
- Ability to consider the long term perspective and take a broad approach to problem solving
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production