Senior Tax Manager – Private Client Services
Reference ID: CAL0015E
In EY Tax, you'll have the opportunity to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You'll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company's business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority. .
As a Tax Services Manager, you will be a part of our Private Client Services (PCS) practice. You will be part of a team that are subject matter specialists who provide advice to high net worth business owners and individuals on domestic and cross-border tax planning, estate, wealth transfer and post mortem planning, asset protection strategies and philanthropic planning. Our PCS team works closely with our family office services practice acting as the tax advisor to family offices. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is a dynamic and entrepreneurially motivated individual who wishes to grow a long term career in advising high net worth business owners and individuals.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Tax Manager, you will be responsible for recommending and implementing tax strategies that align with the client's objectives, corresponding with legal counsel and tax authorities on client issues, assisting with reorganizations, researching compliance and planning issues and reviewing personal, corporate and trust tax returns.
Skills and attributes for success
• Identify planning opportunities and prepare correspondence describing the income tax implications of implementing transactions
• Research client issues that arise from planning or compliance work using a variety of on-line sources
• Coaching and mentoring more junior staff to execute assignments with accuracy and completeness
• Liaise with the client's legal counsel
• Review personal, trust and corporate tax returns
• Liaise with Canada Revenue Agency and relevant provincial ministries on client issues
• Correspond with audit managers, staff and/or clients in answering clients' specific personal, trust or corporate tax queries or about matters that arise from compliance or planning work
• Prepare tax election forms
• Assist and manage the administration of personal and trust tax compliance seasons
• Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products.
To qualify for the role you must have
• An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major
• 7 years of relevant tax experience or equivalent experience in business or industry
• Possess a Canadian CPA or CA designation, or a reciprocal CA designation recognized with the CICA
• Completed the In-Depth Tax Course (or equivalent)
• Ability to lead small, medium and large sized client engagements and interact effectively with clients and internal team members
• The successful candidate must lead by example and have proven leadership and people management skills
• Ability to research and write utilizing electronic tax tools
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Ability to work with tight deadlines
• Process oriented with excellent documentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ideally, you'll also have
• Proactive attitude, commitment, and a highly motivated and driven team player
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We're looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: December 6, 2018
Closes: February 4, 2019