It's no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers - on time, with low cost. The Middle Mile Product and Technology (MMPT) organization, builds complex software solutions that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers, owner operators and drivers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve ordering and delivery experience for millions of online shoppers. That said, this remains a fast growing business and our technical journey has only started.
Technical Program Managers in MMPT are force multipliers who represent org level initiatives to leadership and enable their teams to deliver business value. As a Sr. TPM, you will be responsible for identifying the stakeholders, working with leadership to develop a vision, roadmaps and execution strategies for business programs that are supported by the MMPT team. You will handle complex inter-team dependencies and bridge the gaps in technical management. You will need to work with professionals in many different domains including product, engineering, engineering management, operations.
Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, be detail-oriented, have excellent problem solving and communication abilities, and poses an understanding of product design and implementation. Candidate's technical expertise and operational excellence will raise the bar and influence the team's decisions and drive secure and robust solutions which have great customer experience. To accomplish this, you will be expected to have an established background in technology product development, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• 5+ years of relevant technical program management experience
• 6+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 6+ years of Program Management experience including define projects, collecting requirements and coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets
• Experience managing large scale development efforts using various tools=
• Experience working across multiple technical teams
• Experience with designing technical solutions
• Experience in communicating with a wide range of partners
• Must be able to work independently with limited general supervision
• Proven results-oriented person with a focus on deliveryPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present in large groups and handle high-pressure communication with senior management
• A proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive