Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
As a Senior Technical Recruiter - Trades for Finning Canada, you will be responsible for supporting Hiring Managers and the Recruitment Team in the hiring of Technical Trades to staff our business operations.
The ideal candidate brings a minimum 5-7 years recruitment experience along with 3 years of trades recruiting. You bring a strong mechanical aptitude and trades specific experience and you thrive in a busy environment. You bring experience in a unionized work environment with knowledge in multiple collective agreements. \t
In addition to your exceptional talent in technical recruiting, you have excellent time management skills. You have that passion for recruitment and ability to manage a high-volume of requisitions.
If this position sounds in line with your experience, we want to hear from you today!Job Description:
- Source, pre-screen, shortlist and conduct formal interviews secure references and technical tickets, complete offer letter requests and secure all new hire paperwork for qualified candidates, consulting with and guiding managers and interview teams through the entire recruiting process
- Use Workday (HRIS) to oversee recruiting reporting metrics and provide recommendations for additional reports, update candidate statuses and other required fields and create a weekly report to showcase positions filled and existing openings
- Assist in the development of ongoing, pro-active, creative, and cost-effective sourcing strategies to bring top technical talent to the company using a variety of tools and techniques, including but not limited to 3rd party job boards, social media, and industry events
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with hiring managers to gain a good understanding of the department culture and use this knowledge to place qualified candidates in various locations throughout the Finning network
- Maintain strict confidentiality within areas of responsibility and represent the company in a professional and ethical manner and is honest in all communications.
- Ensure that top talent is placed in a timely fashion for all technical positions by supporting the team through the recruitment and selection process.
- Achieve or exceed key performance indicators (KPI's) for the team and areas of responsibility.
- Minimum 5-7+ years' experience in recruiting with a minimum 3 years technical trades experience would be ideal
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Business Administration or Human Resources is considered an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude and trades specific experience is required
- Sound general knowledge of candidate selection, behavioral interviewing, and general hiring practices
- Experience in a unionized environment and familiarity with Collective Agreement is considered an asset
- Proficiency in the MS Office applications coupled with knowledge of Workday or other HRIS systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer focused to operate with the customer's best interest in mind
- Effective written & oral communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills to handle a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Must be a team player and possess a strong work ethic
- Self-starter who possesses the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Coaching and mentoring skills
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.