May 25, 2019
Reporting to the Supervisor, Engineering Systems, the Senior Technical Specialist, Engineering Systems is responsible for ensuring system analysis, design, and delivery of software solutions for mine and process engineering to support business objectives and solve business problems. The Senior Technical Specialist is responsible for all aspects of software development for custom developed solutions in the engineering space.
Working independently, the successful candidate will perform software development activities including specifications, system design, software architecture, quality assurance, and testing to proactively manage activities to ensure results are delivered on time and to estimates. The candidate will also be responsible for ensuring that development guidelines, procedures, and practices are established and maintained by the engineering systems team. There will be opportunity to work with the most current technologies. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Lead development activities for Engineering Systems, with an initital focus on the Drilling and Blasting system (DABS)
- Provide guidance to others in development related to Clean Coal Blending and other mining engineering systems
- Ensure effective and efficient software development and solution delivery for custom developed solutions in the mine engineering and process engineering domains
- Create and design solutions to solve complex business problems, both manual and automated
- Provide overall estimates and timelines for delivery of a small software development team
- Sustain and improve system delivery practices to delivery resources within the Digital System, Engineering Systems Team
- Provide Tier 3 support and development for internal, Teck Engineering systems such as Drill and Blasting Systems, coal blender and haulage benchmarking, and performance tools
- Provide user engagement, systems analysis and development, problem definition, identifying alternatives, coding, testing, and implementation
- Conduct system Design Application Architecture, development tools selection and recommendations, and Enterprise Architecture in the Engineering space
- Work with senior delivery resources, create guidelines for delivery practices for application development, enterprise architecture, and source management
- Create reference and training material to business areas as required and work with the digital systems training team to provide site lead and end user training for custom developed systems
- Provide guidance to developers and technical analysts on approaches for development and toolset
- Relevant University degree in a field such as computer science, computer, or mining engineering
- Minimum of eight years relevant technical experience
- Processing or Mining Industry background would be an asset
- System Design, object oriented analysis, data modeling, and database design experience with Background in designing, developing, and implementing applications solutions
- SQL Server development experience including T-SQL, Data Modelling, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, JSON, and Blob Storage
- Familiarity with OSI PI, LINQ, ORM Tools, Azure Devops, Angular, NHiberate, MVC, Gurobi/CPlex for optimization, Clr Functions, Power BI, and Source Management such as Git Hub/Team
- Hands on experience working with Windows and Web Services in a .NET environment
- Experience with Data Warehousing Design and Creation, Tabular Models, Multi-Dimensional Cubes, and Azure Data Factory would be an asset
- Linear Programming and a mathematics or statistics background would be an asset
- Map based graphical Interface development experience would be an asset
- Experience with Foundation Server, Perl, or Python would be an asset
- Strong positive, flexible, and constructive work attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Spanish Language proficiency would be an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-MB1 Job Segment:
Engineer, Systems Engineer, Social Media, Developer, Engineering, Marketing, Technology, Mining
- Apply Now
- Apply with LinkedIn
- Please wait...