May 17, 2021
Reporting to the Supervisor, AX Sustainment, Digital Systems, the Senior Technical Support Analyst (known at Teck as Senior Support Analyst) is responsible for supporting software solutions that support objectives, solve problems, and improve performance for assigned business areas. You will provide mentorship and leadership to the team on new technologies, process, procedures, and prioritizing tasks.
To be successful we are looking for someone who has outstanding communication customer service, and interpersonal skills, who has can build and maintain positive relationships in a team. Someone who has the ability to lead and mentor, who is self-motivated and can prioritize tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Someone with exceptional problem solving skills and attention to detail, and has a passion for continuous improvement. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Provide hands-on application support for daily operations of the in-scope applications, including service, data and process integrity, configuration, user administration, reporting and optimization.
- Work diligently to close all incident tickets in accordance with Service Level Agreement matrix, ensuring quality assurance and client satisfaction
- Manage incident backlogs, requests for supported applications, and provide key performance indicators to align with service levels
- Conduct root cause analysis for major and critical incidents, resolve or provide workarounds, suggestions, or improvements to mitigate future incidents
- Ensure a knowledge base of supported applications is kept up to date, which includes solutions to common support incidents, repeated support procedures, frequently asked questions, and application architecture
- Monitor applications to capture potential issues before they occur, in accordance with operational maintenance procedure
- Ensure system availability meets business agreed upon Service Level Agreements
- Performs application software upgrade installations
- Collaborate with IT units and business stakeholders to fully understand the processes and requirements supported by the application. Also, ensure that recurring issues are addressed by all teams involved in the application lifecycle. This includes working with project teams to enable successful operational hand-off to application support team
- Provide Quality Assurance and System testing expertise in support of system implementation projects
- Recommend training adjustments and opportunities to the training team
- Assist with yearly audit preparations, and remediation activities
- Follow standards, policies, and procedures to ensure security and integrity of the applications. This includes evaluating all compliance requirements for the applications in scope and recommend any improvements required
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or Engineering, or other related subject area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three years of experience as a System Administrative with ERP systems preferably with Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Minimum five years demonstrated ability providing IT support and applied technical experience
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills involving diagnosis of potential issues in the underlying environment
- Knowledge of ITIL; certification an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Help Desk, Information Technology, Technical Support, Engineer, Technology, Engineering, Mining
Customer Service and Support