Requisition ID: 102161
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose of Job:
Financial Planning is a key service provided to clients of Scotia Wealth Management. The Senior Total Wealth Planner is responsible to proactively provide comprehensive financial planning advice and support to high net worth clients and act as the in-field subject matter expert and champion.
Multiple locations are available including Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto and Ottawa. Major Acountabilities:
1. Responsible for delivery of end-to-end goals based financial plans by:
- Gathering key pertinent data and information about the client through deep discovery
- Preparing, analyzing and reviewing the financial plan and client focused executive summary to ensure that it is congruent with the client's specific needs
- Presenting the financial plan and related strategies
- Identifying opportunities to deepen the relationship and drive business results.
2. Act as subject matter expert and champion for financial planning as a key service available as parat of the Scotia Wealth Management value proposition:
- Providing ongoing professional financial planning advice on complex strategies
- Fostering and encouraging Advisors and Relationship Managers to incorporate financial planning in their business model.
- Championing the value, benefits and outcomes of financial planning to both advisors/RMs and clients.
- Collaborating with internal colleagues (including taxation, insurance consultants, will and estate planners, philanthropic group) to ensure there is an integrated and organized approach to financial planning
- Providing local sofware support and advice as required
- Preparing and facilitating client and staff workshops and seminars on various current topics relating to financial planning
3. Relationship building
- Develop professional relationships with local external experts (i.e. CA's, lawyers, and other professionals as required) to provide optimal service on complex planning matters.
- Build relationships with internal advisors/RMs and other experts to drive collaboration among team members
4. Maintain financial planning professional practice standards and internal service level agreement.
- Remain current on all financial planning related topics
- Following standard proceedures, best practices and professional codes of conduct in regards to client engagements.
- Meet or exceed SLAs
5. Contribute to the effective functioning of the Financial Planning Advisory team by:
- Participating actively in team learning development activities and team performance achievements.
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts
- Maintaining a high level of customer service
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication
- Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings
- Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches
- Actively share knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
Educational Requirements: Required:
- Comprehensive technical understanding and execution of the financial planning process including investments, asset protection, retirement, estate planning, cash management, and taxation issues
- Presentation skills particularly related to financial matters including the ability to present complex financial concepts in an easily understood manner
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to quickly build relationships and trust.
- Working knowledge of the Wealth Management business line including the value proposition, the products and services it provides to high net worth clients, and the manner in which they are delivered
- Ability to work independently in a proactive manner as well as within a Team of Experts to identify
- opportunities while providing the highest level of service possible to the client. This includes the ability to ensure experts are engaged at the right time and in the appropriate manner so as to maximize client service and opportunities for Wealth Management
- Expert knowledge of financial planning software (Naviplan) in order to prepare financial plans
- Ability to travel to meet clients within a designated region to achieve goals in a timely manner
- Knowledge of insurance products and solutions
- Accredited financial planning designation (CFP, RFP, PFP, Pl.Fin -IQPF applicable for Quebec)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a high net worth financial planner
- TEP designation
- Life Insurance license
- Professional designation (CA, CMA, CGA, LLB)
- Canadian Securities Course
- Additional estate and/or tax courses
Location(s): Calgary || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : Alberta : Edmonton || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Web Design, Technical Support, Technology, Finance, Creative