Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information . As a Valuation & Business Modelling Senior you'll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. When you join our industry-leading team, you'll be right at the heart of that challenge, working with leading business tools and methodologies to provide to some of the most sophisticated clients around." The opportunity
EY has an established industry leading Transaction Advisory Services Practice. We help clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world. With so many offerings, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a friendly, collaborative environment through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Your key responsibilities
As a Senior, you will have the opportunity to work within our Valuations, Modelling & Economics team in Alberta (which includes Calgary and Edmonton offices). You will be responsible for participating and assisting in valuation and financial analyses and applying valuation theories and approaches, including: researching and gathering relevant information; analyzing information; participating in the formulation of valuation approaches; developing valuation and other business models; and assisting in the preparation of valuation reports for a variety of purposes such as financial reporting, transactions, tax, and litigation. Skills and attributes for success
We support clients with their evolving business strategy with the following services:
• Serve as a member of multiple client engagement teams • Identify issues and propose solutions • Perform research and business modelling • Prepare quantitative and qualitative valuation analyses • Actively contribute to report writing • Demonstrate ability to listen to clients and to address clients' needs • Maintain and develop positive, productive, and professional relationships with colleagues and clients • Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility towards team members • Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business • Use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting with demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis • CPA designation • A commitment to pursuing the Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) professional qualification • Strong business modelling and analysis skills • Working knowledge of Canadian and International Finance and Accounting concepts and principles • Ability to analyze client's information and understand key business drivers • Strong written and verbal communication skills • Strong presentation skills • Ability to manage time spent against budget, and work alongside team members to ensure the timely completion of work deliverables • MS Office proficiency including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint Ideally, you'll also have
• Excellent analytical, project management, multi-tasking, communication, organizational, teamwork and interpersonal skills • Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards ("IFRS") What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for Transactional Advisory Services and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry About EY
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.