Finning Canada Number of Openings:
Driven by a focused vision of safety, customer satisfaction, mine site productivity, and lowest cost per ton, this position is responsible for the shared success of Finning and our customers. With a focus on improving the performance of Caterpillar Mining Products. You will undertake and lead improvement projects to improve physical availability, productivity and reduce the overall cost per ton. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to leading edge technology, apply technical and leadership skills in a fast paced and dynamic environment, and interface with key business units across our customers sites to deliver value.
This Site Performance Manager - CNRL will report to the Director, Technology Solutions Operations.
Consider applying today and we look forward to chatting with you!Job Description: Major Job Functions:
Act as the Finning ambassador and focal point at our key customer mine sites. Enhance customer experience, improve communication, site-wide efficiency, and champion the implementation of new technologies and opportunities. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders both pro-actively and systematically, to promote product health and performance. Focus on :
Implementing technologies and initiatives to improve equipment and mine system performance, mine efficiency, and reducing cost per ton. Lead
Equipment and Mine System Performance
- Understands the internal and external customer demands and acts on that information. Champions the customer expectations and develops innovative solutions to meet them, using internal resources as required.
- The position often confronts complex issues or problems which require careful analysis and diagnosis. Problems are often unique and solutions can require original approaches. This position may modify existing approaches or develop new solutions. This position sets priorities and establishes a work plan to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results. Impacts key quality goals including machine mechanical availability, customer satisfaction, continuous improvement, equipment management, efficiency, cost savings, mine site KPI achievement, etc. The position changes the way work is performed to meet quality goals.
- Partner with Caterpillar's representative to bring Finning, CAT and customer resources together to improve or sustain specific equipment performance KPI's, i.e. physical availability, mechanical availability and productive performance of Cat mining equipment. Co-develop, implement, and manage product support and equipment management processes at site.
- Responsible for leading site performance improvements based on data trends. Responsible for aligning Finning and customer metrics, including coordination of product problem resolution at the mine site. This position acts as a consultant to customer operations as well as executive management, advising strategic direction for proper equipment selection, product problem management and equipment management activities. The position works with Finning, Caterpillar and the customer to deliver the agreed upon metrics for the site.
- Establish and maintain high-level relationships with business decision makers and subject matter experts. Develop, implement and manage a relationship strategy for all functional areas (touch points).
- Accountable for representing Finning with customers. Through action, the SPM develops relationships based on trust, integrity and honesty. The SPM ensures that Finning and Caterpillar maintain positive relationships with the customer within the framework of the operating structure including operations, engineering, maintenance, executive, technology, procurement, etc. (as required).
Qualifications for the role:
- Manage customer service site performance. Identify trends and potential issues, draw on internal support to identify root cause and implement corrective action.
- Accountable for the health of certain key operational metrics as provided in Finning's monthly site branch scorecard.
- Minimum 4 years experience in a technical role with a focus on providing solutions for customers with Post-secondary education in fields such as: Mining Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience in mining or construction operations with an in depth knowledge of computers and mining/heavy civil construction technology
- Confident acting as the key point of contact at customer sites and implementing / supporting new technologies such as: MineStar suite of products, CUBIQ, app developments, production studies and creation of real-time KPI dashboards.
- Minimum 2 years of on-site oil sands mining experience in a technical role
- Strong leadership & communication skills
- Proven problem solver who can deliver on all project phases without direct supervision
- The successful candidate has a good understanding of best practices for mine equipment dispatching
- Experienced with various office programs MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the business unit to take specific actions
Background and Personal Traits
- Direct Mine Operations experience on-site would be considered a strong asset
- Consulting experience would be considered an asset
- Mine Planning experience would be considered an asset
- Must have the ability to connect and build trust with others, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences at Finning, Caterpillar and customer operational level.
- Must have strong communication skills with the understanding and knowledge to communicate to the right people and parties at the right level when needed.
- Must have ability & knowledge to understand mining cost per ton factors.
- Good human relations skills are required to develop a collaborative/cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the business unit.
- Must work with and set priorities for self and for the work team without day-to-day direct supervision.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Customer Service and Support Operations and Logistics