- Responsibilities include: feeding, watering, cleaning, training, massaging and all jobs pertaining to the care of a racing/touring kennel of Alaskan Huskies.
- Work hours and days vary. Hours can be between 10-18 per day, 6 to 7 days a week (40-80 hours per week).
- $13.60/hour. Overtime is paid at regular hourly wage not time and a half.
- Re-location costs not covered by employer
- 3 years or more experience with sled dogs in a touring and racing kennel
- The applicant must be in good physical shape, able to lift at least 100 lbs, able to work long hours in all weather conditions especially winter weather conditions
-applicant must be able to handle a fast paced environment and be able to think on your feet and problem solve independently
- Must have the ability to do carpentry work and yard maintenance
- Applicant must have a valid drivers license
- Applicant must be willing to live on site as work hours are irregular and long during training
- Minimum 1 year commitment required
- HIgh School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Criminal Record Check required
- Experience with an Iditarod dog team is an asset
- English speaking with a second language being an asset
-Dog training skills, knowledge how to bath, clip nails and basic dog first aid