This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dedicated team working on established commercial software packages and product lines. We are currently looking for dedicated and driven individuals who enjoy working on all aspects of software development.
Our software developers contribute extensively to our success by being fully involved from start to finish including design discussions, estimating, coding and testing, troubleshooting, investigation, and client support. The successful candidate will be comfortable working on all coding fronts including database development, frontend coding in both desktop and web application, user interface layout, backend coding, performance tuning.
This is a 'remote-only' position and it is open to candidates anywhere in Canada.What your role will be:
- Design, develop, and test software.
- Prepare technical specifications from requirements.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve application incidents.
- Estimate and track progress of assigned work.
- Create and update relevant documentation.
- Follow established practices, processes, and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree or diploma in software development or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of hands-on experience in an application development role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment by making quality contributions and supporting fellow team members
What would make you stand out:
- Strong database programming skills using Microsoft SQL Server
- Defining database structures, writing queries, store procedures, performance tuning,
- Experience in developing applications using .NET Visual Basic or C#
- Experience in developing legacy applications using Visual Basic 6 or Microsoft Access (VBA)
- Web development using ASP.NET
- Industry experience developing one or more of the following applications: Inventory Management, Supply Chain, Financial Accounting, Payroll, Human Resources
- Experience developing, deploying, and supporting applications for government or enterprise client
- Experience working remotely is considered an asset
- Experience in performance tuning is considered an asset
Software and Programming