For millions of customers worldwide, the Amazon name is synonymous with delivery - and the Delivery Experience (DEX) team provides those customers with innovative ways to get what they want, when and how they want it.
We combine customer impact with retail invention, solving huge technical challenges along the way. DEX defines, builds, launches and manages customer-facing delivery programs and features across all of Amazon, including Prime 2-day shipping, Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery, One-Day Shipping, No Rush, Free Shipping over $25, and inventions yet to come. We own systems that power retail delivery (both customer-facing and back-end), leveraging company-wide technology solutions or designing them from the ground up. Together, DEX is changing how customers experience delivery - from the speed, convenience, and selection features they see on the site every day, to launching Prime delivery benefits and other new programs to customers around the world.
Within the larger DEX team, the Checkout Delivery Experience (CDEX) service team is responsible for providing the delivery options to our customers world wide in the Checkout and Post Checkout flows. This critical service helps customers select delivery options that offer the fastest, cheapest, and most convenient delivery; personalized per each customer's preferred delivery destination, Prime membership status, and more.
This is a great position for someone who likes backend development and Service-Oriented , but wants to see and measure their direct impact on customers.
As a Software Development Engineer in our team, You will work in a fast-paced environment, design and develop new features and systems, launch them, and iterate to incrementally make them better. You will operate in a cross-functional team, work closely with product/program management, and contribute to the development of technical staff. If you're creative, talented, have a strong sense of ownership, enjoy solving complex problems, we have got the role for you!
Key job responsibilities
• Design, build and launch software solutions to difficult problems. Create, modify, or retire software owned by your team or a partner team.
• Review teammates' code and design contributions.
• Participate in design reviews, metrics and ticket reviews, sprint planning and retrospectives, etc.
• When on-call, resolve operational issues impacting your team's services.
• Contribute to continuous improvement of team's engineering and operational practices.
• Provide technical support to partner teams to help them deliver on shared initiatives.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in Java/C++ in a Linux environment.
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming