Amazon Web Services is looking for both Leaders and Developers (including Test Automation) to help us define and build the future of computing. The AWS Elastic Block Store (EBS) service delivers high performance virtualized storage "in the cloud" for EC2.
Durable storage is a key building block for any application and as a member of the EBS team you'll work alongside outstanding engineers and leaders to develop and operate one of the largest storage services in the world.
Key job responsibilities
Be a part of the team that drives improvements to the performance, availability, scalability, and durability of EBS volumes. This is an opportunity to be part of a team chartered with helping the EBS organization go faster. We own and maintain services that allow the EBS organization to ingest data and derive insights from their fleet telemetry at a petabyte scale. We are working on projects that help engineers measure and analyze the quality and performance of EBS server and drive insights from their fleet, both operational and business insights. Our team's focus has been centered around development of software systems that enable EBS SDEs to quickly, safely and securely derive insights from telemetry data.
A day in the life
Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so that we're all able to maintain high standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
About the team
We're looking for innovative engineers to help change the dynamics of providing Volume Health Insights and shift the balance towards outlier detection, monitoring and troubleshooting; while processing hundreds of petabytes of data which includes complex data structures. Our efforts will shift to providing support to EBS SDEs in leveraging our platform and services; while continuing to add critical features and functionality to improve EBS's overall quality and release posture.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software developmentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Previous technical internship(s).
• Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
• Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization.
• Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming