Our team is responsible for the tools to search, browse, and review source code at Amazon. With tens of thousands of software engineers in the company, there's a lot of source code being written every day. All that code has to be reviewed, commented on, approved, and merged. Once it's merged, engineers need to be able to search for it, and view it without having to check it out. In our team, you will help define and implement the products that keep software engineers across the company productive every day. Come join us, and you will learn to build and operate services and websites at Amazon scale!
On a typical day, you may:
- Learn and use cutting-edge AWS technologies like Lambda and Step Functions
- Discuss and design a feature requested by customers
- Implement code and tests for a service
- Ensure operational readiness of a service
- Resolve impending issues before customers notice them
- Engage with customers to help them understand and use a feature
- Craft a plan to evolve or deprecate a service
- Collaborate with other Builder Tools teams to provide a smooth developer experience
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science
- First-hand experience in service design and deployment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming