Are you excited to work on a product which is used by millions of customers on a daily basis? Come and join the Alexa Timers team. We own several high volume features and believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains and are looking for people that will help us shape the future of Alexa.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to help define and implement features that will drive customer engagement for Alexa. As a Software Development Engineer in the team, you will define software architecture to support this vision and work in a team of developers to implement it with you. You will work closely with your product and development counterparts to make sure we incorporate customer input into our new service and define requirements to meet technical options. In addition, you will coordinate software development across multiple teams, ensuring our service and other Amazon services are designed to work in conjunction. You will have a unique opportunity to define our system, architecture and product, turning a vision into a live product.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications. You will have an opportunity to make a critical impact on the design and architecture of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
Key job responsibilities
You are responsible for the design and implementation of core systems/components.
You contribute to the software development of a complex, cross-functional, customer facing program.
You anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
Work effectively with team members on technical decisions and execute them. We have big tasks and collaboration with other development engineers is key for success.
A day in the life
You will be collaborating with your peers to find solutions to build and improve our services. Your peers include other engineers, voice designers, program managers and program managers. You will work in groups to find the best solution for our customers and build and maintain the software to bring this solutions to our customers.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Bachelor's degree or completion of Bachelor's degree requirements in a STEM related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, tech
- Proficiency in one of the following languages: Java, C++, or C
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience working on a large scale deployments and performance tuning
- Engineering process experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming