"Amazon's motto may be customer obsession, but it has another infatuation - speed."
"Amazon's brand identity has long rested on the promise of getting parcels to customers as quickly as possible."
The International Expansion team is building a team to define, design and develop a solution for a new business initiative that will directly impact Amazon's topline growth. Our development team will play a pivotal role in this program, with the mission to build a comprehensive solution for the new business initiative. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up!
Our engineers are top-notch software developers who love listening to the customers, working as a team, and proactively taking the lead whenever necessary. In this role, you will have an opportunity to own design and development of key parts of services. You will have influence on subsystem design and help contribute to a team culture around practices that are critical to a quality product.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
• Identify and develop software solutions to current business problems
• Work with your manager and team to create milestones and deliverables
• Participate in daily scrums and reviews with development teams
• Develop design documentation and lead reviews with other engineers
• Write code and unit tests and integrate code with other software components
We care about your career growth, too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger problems, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast, and our people will grow with it.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, love to work with data, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build solutions to challenging problems that directly impact the company's bottom-line, we want to talk to you.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
• Enrolled in, or received at a minimum a Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field such as IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
• Proficiency in one of the following languages: Java, C++, or CPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Enrolled in, or received a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
• Previous technical internship(s)
• Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming