Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Amazon FinTech is looking for a Software Development Engineer to develop next generation software applications that have wide impact across the company. If you are passionate about building on AWS and of using modern techniques such as serverless application development, large scale event and data processing and want to develop your career in an environment that encourages creative thinking and speed, this is the team for you.
A successful Software Development Engineer will have a broad array of experiences, exceptional design skills, an excellent ability to solve problems, good communication skills and a desire to be a key technical contributor. As a Software Development Engineer in this team, you will own the design, development, documentation, delivery and support of features in your team.
You will: - Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions.
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for you and your team's deliverables.
- Work in an agile environment focused on the most important deliverable for our customers.
Key job responsibilities
To be successful on this journey, you should love having the highest standard for yourself and others you work with while always looking for opportunities to make our services better. You are deeply customer focused, understand multiple customers' challenges, and constantly looking for ways to pursue them.
Use software engineering best practices to ensure the highest quality for all deliverables
Work with the product managers to define and refine the business and functional requirements and translate those into technical specifications
Work closely with other engineers while leading the design, implementation, and deployment of applications and systems at a large scale.
Contribute to the management and execution of project plans and goals
Own the delivery of integral pieces of a system or application
Create and execute appropriate quality plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in unison with business and project management efforts
Mentor and develop other engineersBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelors (BS/BE) or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in Software Development and full product life-cycles
- Practical knowledge of data structures and complex algorithms with equivalent development skills to match
- Proficiency with at least one of the Python/React Js/NodeJs Script languages
- Strong knowledge of Java or Python.
- Experience with full stack application development.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-directed and capable of quickly shipping code in a dynamic environment
- Experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming