Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment, solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions?
The Automated Brand Protection team aims to deliver a trusted and complete buyer-facing catalog by helping Brands protect their intellectual property and accurately represent themselves on Amazon. We build large scale, low latency, high throughput, distributed software systems that identify, prevent and act on all forms of product listings abuse on the Amazon catalog. These systems will rely on data from our innovative, next-generation image processing and machine learning solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Design and develop cutting edge, highly reliable and scalable distributed systems running cutting edge Machine Learning models.
- Work with your team members to investigate and design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Perform development and maintenance of key system features.
- Drive software development best practices and engineering excellence within your team.
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and mentor other team members on their appropriate application.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver quality software
- Mentor other engineers
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field such as Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of industry software development experience in object-oriented design and coding in Python, Java or C++ or another object oriented programming language
- Strong design, architecture and problem solving skills
- Programming experience in any of the following languages: Python, Java, Scala, Ruby, C#, C++, in Linux and/or Windows environments.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure or distributed systems for web-based services.
- Experience with AWS services like EC2, ECS, Sagemaker, S3, SNS, SQS, Lambda, and DynamoDB.
- Experience developing software in an agile, team-based environment.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment, driving operational excellence and industry best-practices.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming