Do you want to build the global economic engine of Internet commerce?
Are you a Software Development Manager with a creative flare, strong problem-solving skills, the drive to build and ship products often, a solid computer science foundation, and the desire to build Amazon's next generation Internet-facing technology? Come talk with us about joining our team to expand Internet commerce. With us, you will be building cutting-edge applications and services in an environment of highly distributed systems used by millions of sellers. Your innovation could provide new functionality for sellers, deploy new web standards, or expand Amazon's web services with the goal of making it as easy for anyone to sell on Amazon as it is to buy from Amazon.
Are you ready to create systems to expand one of the world's largest e-commerce engines? If so, come be a member of Amazon's Fees Technologies team. Our software engineers design and build world-class software solutions for millions of sellers from around the globe to sell on Amazon.com. We build software to scale Machine Learning and Economics models to create growth for sellers and Amazon. Your work will be powering the Amazon online selling services in many countries and continents.
Can you work at the scale of the biggest Internet companies? The solutions that you will help to develop and deploy must scale to accommodate rapid processing and integration with large enterprise customers. However, to add to the challenge, the solutions must also support intuitive world class UI for your neighbor to sell extra books, video games, photography equipment, and the largest selection of possible products that can be found anywhere.
We are looking for experienced hands-on Software Development Manager to solve complex problems and support a team as they deliver innovative technology solutions.
Individuals interested in this position should have experience in building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered and distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture).
Join our team to work hard, have fun and make history. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building a selling experience to complement Amazon's world-class websites.
About the team
The Fees technology team, a part of the Selling Partner Success division at Amazon, prides itself in having a culture that exemplifies Amazon's leadership principle, "Strive to be Earth's best employer." We foster a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive work environment that puts people first. We prioritize ensuring that our team members have great work-life harmony and flexible schedules so that they can bring energy and innovative thinking to their work. We focus heavily on growth and development, and put in place concrete plans for each person to reach the next stage in their career. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply, as we strongly believe that diversity of experiences and perspectives is key for staying on the cutting edge. As an organization, we strive to treat one another with empathy and kindness, and we seek candidates to uphold these values alongside us!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
• Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of Software Development experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts
• Ability to conceptualize complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to effectively communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners
• Strong bias for action and a "get it done" attitude
• Able to work with remote teams
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects through work prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture.
• Delivers automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness.
• Have a strong understanding of software development lifecycles and modern transaction processing environments.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming