Interested in developing future of operations? The AWS Kumo team is looking for software development managers with experience in building real-time, scalable, distributed systems. We leverage AWS technologies to and Machine Learning to build the future of AI Ops by proactively providing support to customers before a problem is identified. You will work with Data Scientists and UX researches to build next generation products to improve the operational sanity of the worlds largest enterprise. If you are intrigued, please keep reading. Do you:
• Obsess over software performance and challenge yourself and others to deliver highly scalable, low latency, reliable and fast services to a variety of platforms?
• Want to learn how machine learning and predictive analytics shape tomorrows AI Ops?
• Possess ideas and know how to solve problems, but also follow through with a clean and maintainable implementation?
• Have a high bar for coding excellence and a passion for design and architecture?
• Want to work with the latest AWS technologies to achieve rapid scale?
• Want to mentor and shape the careers of some of the best engineers?
If yes, then we might have a role for you. We are an organization of customer-focussed teams with passionate software engineers who are looking to delight our customers by building amazing software - while working hard, having fun, and making history.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
• Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
• 8+ years of professional software development experience and 3-5 years of experience managing team of more than 6 engineers
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C#, C++, Java, or Ruby
• Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including software architecture, data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
• Design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
• Experience of Agile, Test-Driven Development and Continuous DeploymentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven track record leading and building high-performance teams working on complex, distributed environment
• Experience of frontend development or mobile application development
• Experience of Internet of Things development
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
-Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
-Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming