Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
The Platform Architect has overall accountability for platform architecture. Accountable for proper architecture of solutions developed on the platform and supporting the Digital Productivity Solutions leader in developing the strategy & driving adoption of solutions throughout Finning's business.
This global role operates as a Platform Architect champion and engages with internal/external customers, business partners, vendors and other Finning architects (Microsoft Azure, Network, Security, Enterprise Architects) in all regions (Canada, South America and United Kingdom & Ireland) identifying opportunities to leverage the platform to transform Finning's business performance. Responsible for creating an exceptional customer experience on the platform and providing architectural oversight by maintaining and ensuring adherence to architectural principles and industry best practices.
This role will be responsible for: big-picture application platform architecture and governance principles; design elements and signing off on the overall technical app design; ensuring that the system accurately meets the defined expectations of the business; and performance and security requirements are closely monitored by working with the project teams. The role must also be able to identify and confirm technical design risks and develop mitigation approaches. This position would accommodate a remote work environment. If you are interested please apply today!Job Description:
- Designing transformational technical solutions and working directly with customers to meet their business requirements in accordance with industry best practices.
- Articulate the benefits and risks to a solution's feasibility and functionality.
- Work with Product Managers and usiness teams to understand their current business issues and pain points.
- Troubleshoot key customer implementation issues, conduct Proofs of Concept (POCs), and lead the evaluation of business and technical requirements from a senior level.
- Support the Digital Productivity Solutions leader in strategic initiatives, roadmap development and vendor/partner relationship management.
- Identifying and spearheading internal strategic initiatives from an architect's perspective to support Finning's Bold Goals and Priority Value Drivers (PVDs).
- Participate and lead design sessions with Finning personnel as well as external parties
- Serve as the platform expert and coach team members and citizen developers when needed.
- Follow and understand new platform architect product and technical capabilities resulting from product releases and acquisitions.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture in shaping, scoping, defining, planning and reviewing solutions.
- Advise diverse teams including Finning's Microsoft, ERP, analytics teams etc. and partner resources in Platform Architect technical and functional delivery.
- Serving as an active contributor to the overall knowledge base and expertise of the community.
- Oversee and facilitate the research for appropriate technology
- Ability to define the system landscape, to identify gaps between current and desired end-states and deliver business solutions.
- Drive the creation of application and technical design documents that leverage the industry leading practices and effectively integrate the platform into the Finning infrastructure.
- Review and approval technical changes to the system and requests for new apps.
- Responsible to continually align the architecture to the Digital Productivity Solutions, Global Digital Services and ultimately to the business strategy.
- Leveraging all of the support resources available to Finning as part of our partnership with the platform e.g. Success Director, Solution Engineers, Enterprise Architects etc.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Systems Information.
- Professional certifications or equivalent experience from relevant vendors
- 10+ years developing technology solutions.
- 5+ years consulting practice providing business services and systems development.
- Specializes in gathering and analyzing information and designing comprehensive technical solutions that are flexible and adaptable to the client's needs.
- Strong knowledge of Visualforce, Salesforce configurations, Apex classes, APEX Web services, API, and AppExchange deployment.
- Experience and deep understanding of core platform elements including Lightning, Web Components, Einstein Analytics, Heroku, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, and other relevant technologies that emerge.
- Experience overseeing teams and coaching members
- Detail-oriented, self starter with the ability to build consensus
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.