2305 - 29 Street N.E., Calgary, Alberta, T1Y 0A4
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important?Position
Specialist, Front Store Operations Continuous Improvement (1 Year Contract)Overview
Reporting directly to the Lead, Front Store Operations Continuous Improvement, the incumbent will be responsible for executing initiative solutions which are based on pre-determined goals and timelines. In addition, the incumbent will be the regional representative for Continuous Improvement and will have a direct working relationship with the regional Vice Presidents and District Managers to understand current Continuous Improvement initiatives. The Incumbent will be the subject matter expert and trainer for all initiatives/projects implemented by the organization to Associate-Owners and their Teams.Division
National Operations - Shoppers Drug MartLocation:
Central OfficeWhat You'll Do:
What You'll Need:Skills
- Lead the Regional implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Support store teams and regional operations teams on pre-determined work plan/initiatives and store implementation and execution of initiatives
- Implements Training and Change Management documentation to support various projects and initiatives
- Supports projects by providing operational input and direction for stores and ensures uniformity and adherence to corporate policies and standards.
- Liaises with regional Vice Presidents and District Managers to ensure understanding of current Continuous Improvement initiatives and to coordinate ongoing communication and training sessions, including identifying areas that may require solution management, and providing potential solutions.
- Perform on-site evaluation visits associated with various initiatives
- Monitors store performance to identify, develop and implement any solutions to improve front store efficiencies and productivity.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
This position requires a demonstrated level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload, and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
- Requires the ability to identify and improve work processes.
- Draws on a number of known options to solve problems and to develop improvements.
- Requires specialized interpersonal skills to resolve situations with colleagues where there may be some level of conflict, stress or uncertainty.
- Provides solutions by using imaginative approaches where constructive thinking and innovation are required.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required.
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with colleagues including senior management.
- Knowledge of National Store Operating, Merchandising, and POP Standards, inventory management, business, and accounting systems.
- Advanced computer skills especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong project management skills
5+ years of retail operational experience. Shoppers Drug Mart experience is required.Education
Post-secondary education equivalent to a university degree in Business, Merchandising or equivalent.Travel
Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed. Must hold a valid driver's license.Certificates, Licenses or Registration
No specific certificates, licences or registrations are required for this position.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
Staff cannot be approached directly for the purpose of recruitment/interviews without prior knowledge of the Associate. A minimum of four weeks' notice must be provided unless otherwise agreed upon by the Associate.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the above-mentioned position. Please note, only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements of the position will be contacted. Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.