You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.The opportunity:
Our Indirect Tax group offers a full range of planning and compliance advice with respect to GST/HST, QST provincial sales taxes (PST), property transfer taxes, excise taxes, fuel and carbon taxes, and other indirect taxes levied by the provincial and federal governments in Canada. We help our clients ensure that they are meeting their obligations in all relevant jurisdictions and that they are making the most of any tax planning and refund opportunities. We also assist our clients in the context of indirect tax audits and appeals.
In this role you will work closely with KPMG professionals and clients on Indirect Tax matters in order to research and prepare advice for our clients and support them in their dealings with the taxing authorities. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Working directly with our Indirect Tax senior staff to assist clients of all sizes from small private companies to large public companies.
- Researching and preparing technical positions for complicated indirect tax matters.
- Drafting written communications to clients, including memoranda, opinion letters and reports.
- Drafting submissions to the taxing authorities in the context of indirect tax audits and administrative appeals.
- Executing compliance review engagements concerning indirect taxes.
- Assist clients with various sales tax compliance matters including the completion of sales tax registrations, related elections and the completion and filing of complex sales tax returns with tax authorities.
Keys to your success:
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Highly self-motivated individual with a strong desire to specialize in Indirect Tax.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent research and analytical skills with the ability to effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations.
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to establish and maintain strong client relations.
- Professionalism in the execution of tasks.
- Ability to effectively manage conflicting demands and priorities.
- High level of drive, enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams and meaningfully contribute towards attaining team goals.
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office in the course of their duties.
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.