201 - 17835 106 A Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5S 1V8
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important?
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Operations, this opportunity monitors and achieves projected counts, sales and profit margins and optimizes the performance of Pharmacy components by identifying performance gaps, providing guidance, information and direction to improve results. This role drives results to maximize pharmacy business growth and performance.
Provide advice and collaborate with Associate Owners and pharmacy employees on operational issues to solve store level problems for the pharmacy when necessary. This may involve changing or altering processes or procedures as necessary. This role is the corporate resource to Pharmacists and Associates and the store level expert in all pharmacy driven store operations.What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Liaises closely with Associates, pharmacy teams and District Manager's to ensure consistency of operational standards, pharmacy services, execution of Pharmacy programs, achieve targets and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Accountable for the success of Pharmacy Operations and Pharmacy profitability of all stores in your assigned region.
- Analyzes pharmacy count, sales, margins and expenses to monitor financial success of each location, highlight potential growth areas, and ensure the Associates are on target to meet common year plan goals.
- Monitors Pharmacy business systems in each location to highlight and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Understands each pharmacy's potential growth and financial achievement within its given marketplace, identifying the levers requiring activation to reach that potential, and developing, in partnership with the Associate, a store specific strategy to ensure each store is successfully profitable relative to its capabilities.
- Liaises with stores and corporate stakeholders on issues relating to pharmacy practice and patient care including college inspections, suspected narcotic losses, medication errors and IT dispensary concerns, to resolve issues promptly and effectively.
- Develops and communicates action plans to successfully implement Corporate Pharmacy initiatives efficiently.
- Prepares and presents information at district and regional meetings as required to relate the performance on pharmacy measurables.
- Maintain current knowledge of pharmacy operating guidelines and monitors changes to legislation that impact pharmaceutical business to ensure all retail stores operate in strict accordance with regulatory mandates.
- Required to understand the corporate pharmacy strategy through collaboration with the Pharmacy Director and work through the VP of Operations to identify areas of opportunity to maximize each corporate pharmacy program's success.
- Responsible for providing a smooth and successful transition of Associates and store transfers / acquisitions, ensuring correct operational standards are being implemented and operational procedures are followed within pharmacy.
- Identify and develop potential Associates and provide proposals and recommendations to the VP of Operations as well, understand the individual development of current team members and the identification of candidates for advancement.
- This position requires an advanced level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload, and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
- Work Experience - A minimum of 5 years pharmacy experience, preferably in a retail environment. Knowledge of inventory management systems.
- Process Improvement - Requires the ability to improve work processes and teams. Supervised related processes and people by leading work or project teams.
- Leadership - Excellent facilitation and leadership skills, able to make decisions to achieve specific organizational objectives, set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Interpersonal skills to provide solutions by using imaginative approaches where constructive thinking and innovation are required.
- Communication - Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Bilingual in French is considered a strong asset.
- Business Knowledge - Advanced understanding of quality standards relative to operational improvement, strategic planning, and business growth.
- Computer Skills - Computer skills to produce and interpret reports, documents, and presentations.
- Valid Drivers License is required
Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
- Post secondary education equivalent to a university degree in Pharmacy. Must be licensed Pharmacist in good standing with the Canadian Pharmacist Association.
- In addition to the above skills and experience, it would be beneficial if you also have 2 years of SDM experience would be considered an asset.
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Management and Executive