We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
As the Senior Branch Administrator, you are accountable for effectively managing all administrative aspects of CIBC Wood Gundy branch operations. This will include hiring, management and supervision of non-commissioned branch staff, operational and administrative support to the branch and Investment Advisors, oversight of transactional banking functions, consistent demonstration of high levels of internal and external client service, adherence to compliance and audit requirements and maintenance of branch profitability.How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- People Management - Oversee the hiring, training, scheduling, supervision and performance management of all support staff in the branch. Manage the hiring process for all support staff roles including obtaining Head Office approval, participating in interviewing and selecting candidates. Support Branch Manager in cultivating a performance oriented culture and develop strong employee relations with support staff by treating employees fairly and consistently and maintaining excellent communication.
- Operations/Administration - Oversee and manage day to day branch operations and administration including maintenance of office equipment and supplies, and coordination of office functions and events. Identify opportunities for increased efficiency and monitor and control branch budget and expenses to ensure profitability. Review and process accounts payable for Branch Manager approval, as well as monitor branch summary of revenue and expenses. Responsible for all audit functions related to operations
- Sales Support & Customer Service - Assist Branch Manager to perform Investment Advisor duties such as taking buy/sell orders of T-Bills, Corporate Paper, Bankers Acceptances, Mutual Funds, stocks and bonds. Write up trade tickets ensuring accuracy of all particulars pertaining to a trade. Coordinate and notify brokers of new stock and bond issues, cease trades and halt trading. Ensure customer service standards and operational procedures are communicated and maintained by liaising among many departments within Wood Gundy.
What CIBC Offers
- You're a certified professional. You have successfully completed the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH), in order to obtain Investment Representative (IR) licensing.
- You have demonstrated experience in the financial service brokerage industry. You have strong organizational and administrative skills to deal with numerous activities in a fast-paced brokerage, with varying degrees of priority.
- You're passionate about people. You have strong management and interpersonal skills to effectively manage and coach support staff. You have the ability to meet the needs of staff in a highly competitive environment where staff and client mobility is high.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Edmonton-10180-101st Street Employment Type