We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
You'll be reporting to the Director, Business Banking, the Senior Business Advisor role provides new and existing clients with an exceptional client experience to support CIBC's vision of being a leader in client relationships and increasing client loyalty. The role helps clients to meet their immediate and long term business and personal goals by understanding client needs and/or identifying opportunities to further deepen the CIBC relationship. In addition to sales, this role supports clients' day-to-day business and personal cash management needs by processing transactions, balancing cash holdings according to CIBC policies and procedures and addressing and resolving client concerns. The emphasis is on ensuring clients' business and personal - related investments, financial and credit needs are met by providing a comprehensive business banking offer or by making a formal introduction to the appropriate Business Banking colleagues. Success in this role will require frequent collaboration with experts in all areas of CIBC to ensure client needs are met by the most appropriate expert. You'll proactively manage and grow your portfolio by deepening client relationships with new and existing clients that require multiple complex business solutions including Cash Management. You will seek opportunities for new client acquisition through referrals and partner relationships with Banking Centers to deliver current financial products and solutions for the Small Business market segment.
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. To successfully perform the work, you'll be on-site full-time. Details on your work arrangement will be discussed at the time of your interview. How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Business Development: Understand your local market and potential client base and create a comprehensive sales plan to acquire new clients. You will use your strong relationship building and networking skills to build connections, generate opportunities, and deliver bottom line results. You will leverage CIBC's wide range of small business solutions to provide a needs-based approach that will result in satisfied, loyal clients and increased referrals.
- Client Engagement: Focus on each client experience and connect on a personal level to make every interaction meaningful. You will deliver trusted advice and financial solutions to meet client needs and cultivate your network to establish new client relationships.
- Community Involvement: Attend local events and participate in marketing and outreach activities. You will grow your network to create lasting connections that will generate future small business opportunities.
What CIBC Offers
- You can demonstrate experience in Business Banking. You have 2+ years' experience in Business Banking and have a strong knowledge of cash management products and services as well as knowledge of business cash flow and financial analysis in order to assess and deliver on potential new business opportunities. You also have an established network in the local business community.
- You're a certified professional, You have current accreditation and good standing in The Canadian Securities Course (CSC)/Canadian Investments Funds Course (CIFC) OR you are willing to obtain MFDA license within 90 days of hire.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You're driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What you need to know
- At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- CIBC is committed to doing our part to protect our team, our clients and our communities. We want to ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace, and we want to do our part to get through this pandemic. In keeping with this commitment, and as a condition of employment, CIBC requires all successful candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date, or provide written proof of a medical exemption, or other substantiated accommodation request under applicable human rights legislation.
Lethbridge-701 4th Ave S Employment Type
Customer Service and Support Other