Company: Finning CanadaPosting End Date: Number of Opening:
Reporting to the Global Desktop and Mobility Services manager, the Global Systems Engineer will leverage their expert knowledge of the Office 365 platform to architect, configure and administer O365 software services to drive improvements in user experience and increases in productivity across the enterprise. This role is the subject matter expert for the platform, requiring technical aptitude, depth of experience and a willingness to continually stay abreast of Office 365 and Exchange Server platform capabilities.
In close collaboration with other Digital & IT teams, this role administers highly technical functions within the tenant and supports the Desktop services team in establishing standards, processes and configuration guidelines for Finning's regional support teams. Job Description: Major Job Functions:
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Architect, design and implement enterprise Office 365 solutions with expert skills in Identity, Authentication, Administration, Implementation, Exchange and Skype. Provide strategic guidance to optimize service delivery of Finning's software services globally. Liaise with regional IT infrastructure teams in order to unify service architecture.
- Provide technical expertise and act as a testing resource for regional support issues involving Office 365 or other EPS software services.
- Analyze the design and assist various projects in the implementation of new technologies that integrate or inter-operate with existing software services and features. Ensure 3rd party products are integrated optimally with core infrastructure items.
- Communicate with stakeholders on tenant additions and changes coming from Microsoft that may impact their accountabilities and remediate any concerns raised.
- Support various business initiatives by creating documentation and support procedures for projects that utilize software services and other Employee Productivity Services (EPS) related software services.
Education & Experience:
- Technical aptitude, depth of experience and willingness to continually stay abreast of new technologies.
- Able to identify impacts to online services caused by upcoming or recently implemented Office 365 or Azure tenant changes.
- Able to manage time effectively and work independently with limited supervision.
- Able to create new solutions and/or review proposals to ensure solutions meet business needs
- Motivated with a strong work ethic which results in work that shows high attention to detail.
- Possess excellent communications skills that promote and articulate concepts to a broad audience base.
- Able to acknowledge differences in opinion and work with other IT teams in a positive manner towards a mutually agreeable solution
- Advanced understanding and hands-on experience on support and administration of O365, OneDrive, Exchange and Skype for Business in both on-premise and online configurations, including Microsoft Teams.
- Advanced understanding of SCCM current branch (OS images, task sequences, PXE boot and 1E Nomad), Print services, Office 365 App connectors and desktop / mobile Exchange clients, Windows 10 security and GPOs.
- Sound understanding of core IT services such as Active Directory, Federation Services, High Availability, Disaster Recovery configurations, mail flow and connectors as well as PowerShell, SMTP, SSL/TLS, PKI, DNS, DHCP and Azure AD.
- Sound understanding of Microsoft security standards and best practices.
- Sound understanding of Microsoft's Enterprise Mobility & Security suite, including Data Loss Prevention and Azure Rights Management.
- Solid understanding of ITIL change management processes.
- Keeping up to date with latest end-user computing technologies and trends.
- 8+ years experience administering Microsoft's core IT services such as Active Directory, Azure AD, SCCM current branch and Print services.
- 4+ year technical degree in an IT related field
- 5+ years experience administering Exchange and Skype for Business in various configurations (on-premise, hybrid, online) as well as Office 365 desktop clients (Outlook, Office, OneDrive, etc.)
- 5+ years experience using PowerShell in a production environment.
- 5+ years experience administering Office 365 tenants.
- Previous experience implementing DLP & RMS policies is an asset.
- Speaking and writing Spanish is an asset, but not required.
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.