At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG in Calgary continues to grow and is looking for a highly experienced Senior Manager to help tell our story externally - particularly to media.
Reporting to the Associate Marketing Director, Calgary, and working closely with colleagues across the business, the Sr. Communications and Engagement Manager will use their 10+ years of experience to deliver trusted advice and exceptional skills to build mutually beneficial relationships to raise the profile and reputation of KPMG in Calgary with key audiences in support of business objectives. This is a high-impact role that will make a meaningful difference in how we communicate externally.
The successful candidate will bring deep relationships with media and influencers, a passion for the issues that shape the national agenda, a client-centric mindset, impeccable writing and editing skills, and a commitment to delivering excellent work while managing competing deadlines. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Develop and deliver integrated external communication plan that raise KPMG's profile and reputation in support of business objectives
- Understand the needs and interests of industry and key stakeholders to better inform communication and engagement strategy and organizational decisions
- Build proactive engagement plans and develop mutually beneficial relationships to elevate KMPG Calgary's profile with local industries, associations, community partnerships and media
- Establish/grow relationships with key media and influencers within the Calgary marketplace to raise the profile of KPMG subject matter experts and the firm's thought leadership, research and insights to drive strategic coverage
- Support/coach executive leaders in building/growing media profiles
- Leverage various research tools to build meaningful content aligned with business objectives
- Monitor news, economic, media and industry trends to deliver timely and strategic advice
- Monitor and manage the impact of communications, ensure consistent service delivery, identify areas to increased value, and bring forward creative solutions
- Collaborate and consult with marketing and communication colleagues across the business to identify areas to increase awareness of campaigns, and bring new ideas forward on how best to tell an impactful story
- A passion for news with the ability to identify important trends, alignment to our business priorities and identify creative new approaches
- Strong existing relationships with media and influencers
- Strategic thinking
- Clear communication of complex issues in a simplified manner to a variety of audiences
- Succinct writing style - you know how to get to the point quickly and deliver information in a compelling way
- Attention to detail and the ability to tackle tasks big and small
- Strong initiative, planning and execution skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality work
- Ability to build and maintain relationships in a matrix environment
- Dedication and motivation to deliver high standards of client service
Keys to your success
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10+ years of communications experience in public relations (or media relations) and journalism.
- Experience working with public opinion polls to generate relevant news content
- Strong executive presence
- Excellent writing and communications skills with proven ability to use communications as a creative tool to engage people
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Government Sales and Marketing